E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBC Malfunction, DS issues and Start off Assist??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 535i Spacey Grey, Sport, Prem, Navi, 20 way comfort (a must) - DCI, JB4 - ditched the RFT '08 MDX Tech pkg

I was driving home from work and in the middle of driving my 535i 08 sputtered and jerked, then the DBC Malfunction light came on, the Driving stability control light came on and then the Start-off assistance warning all lit up. I pulled over to the side of the road and the car jerked and pulsed the brakes while I frantically trying to stop the car safely. I then proceed to check the status from i-Drive and all three warnings are there. I stopped the engine and waited for 5 minutes and restarted. The warning lights are still there but I was able to drive the car home. I've left the car sat there for another 20 minutes at home and started the car up, the warning lights are gone and the car operated normally.

The question is, wth is that?!?

2nd, should I worry? I just had the car tuned by local BMW dealer for brake fluids and the recall for electric cable. Is it something that the dealer forgot to put back?

I cannot reproduce the problem again. is this something like bad gas?? LOL

Anyone with insights?

Thanks in advance!

-NOOB
Old 06-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Members

My Ride: '08 535i Spacey Grey, Sport, Prem, Navi, 20 way comfort (a must) - DCI, JB4 - ditched the RFT '08 MDX Tech pkg

Ps, I've read all over that this problem is with pre 08 models mostly and on M5's and M'3, 550's but I do not see 535i's on the list...

Originally Posted by peakaboohaha
I was driving home from work and in the middle of driving my 535i 08 sputtered and jerked, then the DBC Malfunction light came on, the Driving stability control light came on and then the Start-off assistance warning all lit up. I pulled over to the side of the road and the car jerked and pulsed the brakes while I frantically trying to stop the car safely. I then proceed to check the status from i-Drive and all three warnings are there. I stopped the engine and waited for 5 minutes and restarted. The warning lights are still there but I was able to drive the car home. I've left the car sat there for another 20 minutes at home and started the car up, the warning lights are gone and the car operated normally.

The question is, wth is that?!?

2nd, should I worry? I just had the car tuned by local BMW dealer for brake fluids and the recall for electric cable. Is it something that the dealer forgot to put back?

I cannot reproduce the problem again. is this something like bad gas?? LOL

Anyone with insights?

Thanks in advance!

-NOOB
Old 06-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Members

Ps, I had the recall done, could it be that something is happening with the battery? I've read that battery low will produce this as well, but i don't have clock or other electrical issues....
Old 06-08-2016, 12:11 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread, but I'm having this issue quite frequently. Anyone know what could be going on?

If no response, I'll create my own thread in a few days.
Cheers