E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Anyone found a way to have only the halos come on without the center lights in daytime running lights mode?
Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

On my car (which doesn't have the DRLs enabled) when I turn the light switch 1 click clockwise (parking lamps) the angels eyes illuminate, and not the xenons or DRLs.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by stream' post='217757' date='Dec 31 2005, 05:21 PM
On my car (which doesn't have the DRLs enabled) when I turn the light switch 1 click clockwise (parking lamps) the angels eyes illuminate, and not the xenons or DRLs.
Mine do too, but I always leave my lights in auto mode and the DRL come on with the angel eyes automatically during the day. My question is how to have only the angels come on without the center lights coming on.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='217950
Mine do too, but I always leave my lights in auto mode and the DRL come on with the angel eyes automatically during the day. My question is how to have only the angels come on without the center lights coming on.
[/quote]

Since you have the DRLs enabled, I don't think there's any way, since the DRLs are always on by design.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Nop theres no way if you have DRLs activated... Thats why I opted to turn the DRLs off and just use the parking lamps when I choose... that'll give only the Halo Rings...
Old 01-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='217950
[/quote]

Then only use the parking lights (that's what the Angels Eyes actully are).
But when you park your car which the parking lights on, they will be on, and on, and on...

Then you can act like an hillbilly or Finnish idiot and use your foglights while running.

If you so lazy that even this seem to be an effort, forget about it.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='219219
Originally Posted by stream' post='217757' date='Dec 31 2005, 05:21 PM
Then only use the parking lights (that's what the Angels Eyes actully are).
But when you park your car which the parking lights on, they will be on, and on, and on...

Then you can act like an hillbilly or Finnish idiot and use your foglights while running.

If you so lazy that even this seem to be an effort, forget about it.
[/quote]
Yes, we Americans are too lazy.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

I never thought that the DRLs would be a pain. Well, visiting a special event last week where you drive your car through a park at night that has hundreds of holiday lights flashing there were people in front of me who were annoyed that my lights were on. There was no way for me to turn off the DRLs.

This "drive through the park to enjoy the lights" is normally done with automobiles turning off their headlights.

Oh well....