E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn immovable objects, devastated owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Jun 28 2004, 01:26 PM
agreed - if you viewed this automotive icon as "just a car" you'd buy something much less expensive

jonboy
guess you're wrong there, by definition... that IS how i view it and i DID buy the car

don't get me wrong... i love the car, the drive, the handling, the experience - likely so every bit as much as most of you (some more, some less, no arguments)

i'm mightily p'd off at bmw for their response to my issues as "sorry, sir but we reserve the right to change the spec and, as such, the car is operating to spec"

... i can only thank the powers that be that bmw did not decide to change black to white as well as i really did not want a white car but, to their definition, i think that they are saying that they could have done just that
.. .. .. the point is, as angry as i am about it, and even though i have said i won't buy another bmw because of it, i do really love the car: the best i have ever had and the finest i've ever driven (other than openwheel racing cars and the AstonMartin i had for a weekend back in '99) and i have decided the he// with it, i'll enjoy it nonetheless and will likely buy another because it is a great car...

but it is, and remains, a car. it is an object which can be bought and sold, broken and fixed, that loses value overtime and which is both obtainable and replaceable... so get it fixed (of course) and go back to enjoying it

if your purpose for the car is to show value, well, then, no comment, no problem

you are all, of course, most welcome to violently disagree: i am merely expressing an opinion

and, as for the elf-flagellation of driving a toyota as punishment - i assume you're kidding but, if not, please seek help
Old 06-29-2004, 04:55 AM
sj3
Senior Members

This thread could go down in BMW history as a demonstration of the "fervor" that most of us display over this, and sometimes other, BMW cars. However, Icy, I think we need to be careful. This car was forged by people, and a few robots. I'm pretty sure, though, that it was inspired by God and if He or She had a favorite car company, I'd like to think it was BMW!

Sam
Old 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Jun 29 2004, 06:55 AM
This thread could go down in BMW history as a demonstration of the "fervor" that most of us display over this, and sometimes other, BMW cars. However, Icy, I think we need to be careful. This car was forged by people, and a few robots. I'm pretty sure, though, that it was inspired by God and if He or She had a favorite car company, I'd like to think it was BMW!

Sam
Agreed. Just trying to keep things light.

That's why I'm here (and not over at RF). Here we can share opinions and even disagree but at the end of the day, everyone has a voice and, generally, no one gets po'd.

Heck, I disagree with about everything Rudy says...no, just kidding.

Can you imagine how this thread would have developed over at Road Kill, er I mean the other place?

Old 06-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

okay, now, before anyone calls me on this, i need to make it clear that i have not ever been involved in elf-flagellation and do not condone elf-flagellation.

Old 06-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by skidster' date='Jun 29 2004, 02:44 PM
okay, now, before anyone calls me on this, i need to make it clear that i have not ever been involved in elf-flagellation and do not condone elf-flagellation.

Whew! What a relief. I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

-MrB