E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn immovable objects, devastated owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does suk, but hey atleast you've got insurance. Once it comes back from your dealer no one will ever know. I'd call a few dealers and see who can get you the best loaner.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by skidster' date='Jun 28 2004, 09:11 AM
it's a car.
With respect, a Ford Taurus is a car.

An E60 is art in motion. A living, breathing entity, bonded emotionally to its owner, forged by the hand of god.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Contributors

"it's just a car"

Uh, I hope my baby didn't hear or read that. Anyone know of a good therapist for a 530?

It's NOT just a car.

-James (feeling woozy that someone actually said that)
Old 06-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

agreed - if you viewed this automotive icon as "just a car" you'd buy something much less expensive

jonboy
Old 06-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Icy' date='Jun 28 2004, 07:55 PM
[quote name='skidster' date='Jun 28 2004, 09:11 AM'] it's a car.
With respect, a Ford Taurus is a car.

An E60 is art in motion. A living, breathing entity, bonded emotionally to its owner, forged by the hand of god.[/quote]
And God is still managing to get things wrong after all this time. <_<
Old 06-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got PDC and still ended up touching a low wall. Sometimes in small spaces you just want to be 6 inches away from the wall instead of 1 foot. Luckily only 2 chips on the bumper, not too visible. I totally understand the pain you're going through.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Senior Members

Just a car?????????

well for me it's more than JUST a CAR. Thats the point. This is why I'm so bothered. It's why I work my arse off, so I can own this beutiful machine. She looks so disheveled with a dent in her ass.

H2O- yeah you know the spot, stupid, stupid, stupid. Kevin M. at the Gallery is gonna try to get me in with their "exclusive BMW body guy" asap, can't stand to even look at the horror I created.

I'll take pic's and let you all know the $$$$$$$ damage.

Funny part is I'm buying a new house to give her the proper garage she deserves. She needs to sit in a covered spot from now on! From now on she is to be driven on special occasions only, the toyota tundra is again my daily driver. Self imposed punishment. I just can't handle the pressure of keeping her pristine every day, only to screw it up myself.

Imagine buying a house for a car, my wife thinks i've lost it!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Senior Members

that's the right attitude. i second your motion.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Contributors

Sorry this happened to you, but accidents happen. Just get it fixed so you can enjoy the car again.

If this was your daily driver to begin with, I'd just keep it that way. The car will depreciate regardless of whether you drive it or not, so might as well get your money's worth. Also if you drive it often, it should make the detailing much more worthwhile.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Jun 29 2004, 02:44 AM
Sorry this happened to you, but accidents happen. Just get it fixed so you can enjoy the car again.

If this was your daily driver to begin with, I'd just keep it that way. The car will depreciate regardless of whether you drive it or not, so might as well get your money's worth. Also if you drive it often, it should make the detailing much more worthwhile.
I second heezy on that. I wouldn't let my supercar sit in the garage and drive another one to punish myself. Drive it, enjoy it and if something happens to it invest some extra money to get it fixed.

I am anal about my car too. And if something happens to it I am devestated too. It's better that you damaged the car yourself. Imagine finding your car with such damage and you didn't do it yourself, that is the worst thing I can imagine.

Quick Reply: Damn immovable objects, devastated owner