E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damaged wheels **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

My wheels got scratched pretty bad (to me) at a gas station car wash today. Does the gas station have any liability?

I installed my m5 replica wheels a couple weeks back and there wasn't so much as a scratch on them up until this afternoon. The weather cooled off quite a bit over the last couple days so I was no longer able to wash the car in the driveway so I took it to the local gas station carwash (with an attendant who sprays down your car, wheels, etc.....). Half way through the carwash I heard a loud screetching noise and figured it was the wheels. After the wash I got out and saw that both the front and rear wheels were damaged on the driver's side. On the front there's two 3/4 inch scraches and a chunk about the size of a pencil eraser. On the rear there's a little chunk missing (again, about the size of a pencil eraser) and a few light scratches. Both wheels have black marks going around most of the wheel but it looks like those will rub off.

I immediatey went inside and gave them my info and their manager is going to call me tomorrow morning. Is there any type of recourse I have here? For what it's worth, there's no sign by the car wash saying that they're not responsible for damage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Damaged wheels **PICS**-img_0542.jpg   Damaged wheels **PICS**-img_0541.jpg   Damaged wheels **PICS**-img_0540.jpg   Damaged wheels **PICS**-img_0550.jpg  
Old 04-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

that sucks... i think in most carwashes in cali.. there is a notice on the reciept that they are not liable for scratched rims or ground affects... thats why i dont take mne to a car wash... ericd
Old 04-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Contributors

Most car washes have signs on the outside letting you know they aren't responsible for any damages to your car.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I feel your pain, here's my story:

Took mine to a car wash in San Jose a few weeks back. I specifically asked for a hand wash WITHOUT putting it through the automated car wash. What does the guy do? Drives it right to the automated wash and begins to put the car through. I run out and told him to stop immediately. I had him drive the car out and I inspected the left front wheel.

Sure enough, there was damaged. Of course, they tried to say that it wasn't their fault. It was very obvious it was their fault. The damage to the wheel was new and you can see the fleck of silver on the automated rail. I had the manager come out and spoke to him. I told him that I just recently got all four rims re-finished for $500. They looked brand new until now. The manager ended up writing a check for $125 to fix the wheel. Haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

Some of you say that the car wash isn't responsible for damage, but to hell they ARE if they can't read the ticket "HAND WASH ONLY."
Old 04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of car wash stations post "100% Handwash" are liars. They all put your car through car pulling system which would damage your front wheel.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Some do indeed do "100% Hand Wash." You just have to be VERY EXPLICIT with them. Tell them not to take it through and then watch them like a hawk. Of course, you'll end up paying a bit more.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i - Monaco Blue with Auburn Interior. Sport, auto. Ordered 10-30-06

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='410336' date='Apr 4 2007, 04:44 PM
I feel your pain, here's my story:

Took mine to a car wash in San Jose a few weeks back. I specifically asked for a hand wash WITHOUT putting it through the automated car wash. What does the guy do? Drives it right to the automated wash and begins to put the car through. I run out and told him to stop immediately. I had him drive the car out and I inspected the left front wheel.

Sure enough, there was damaged. Of course, they tried to say that it wasn't their fault. It was very obvious it was their fault. The damage to the wheel was new and you can see the fleck of silver on the automated rail. I had the manager come out and spoke to him. I told him that I just recently got all four rims re-finished for $500. They looked brand new until now. The manager ended up writing a check for $125 to fix the wheel. Haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

Some of you say that the car wash isn't responsible for damage, but to hell they ARE if they can't read the ticket "HAND WASH ONLY."
Where did you go to get your wheels re-done? My car is only four months old, and mine are already jacked.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Contributors

These are the guys that re-finished my wheels Velvet Touch. I just remembered that they have a special where if you get all four wheels done, it'll cost $450. Per wheel is $125. I just checked my account and they charged me $500. I'm calling them now to fix that.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='410343' date='Apr 4 2007, 07:16 PM
These are the guys that re-finished my wheels Velvet Touch. I just remembered that they have a special where if you get all four wheels done, it'll cost $450. Per wheel is $125. I just checked my account and they charged me $500. I'm calling them now to fix that.

Please excuse the threadjack.................Vegastrashed, I've checked your gallery, and I think your car is beautiful.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the kind words!

Quick Reply: Damaged wheels **PICS**