E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cup holders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my new E61 today. Beautiful car and I love it! It was a demo from Germany loaded with just about everything. BUT... I never noticed until my wife pointed out today that it doesn't have cup holders!?!

Is that actuallypossible that they would have loaded one up WITHOUT fitting cup holders? It looks sharp, but I desparately need a place for my coffee...

can they be retrofittet? I guess everything can but all at a cost...
Old 09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

I will try at least! I bought a pair.

Skaffa
Old 09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i think so...but not sure...they should be available as they cant be hard to install...but to be honest i dont think it would be cheap...
but what do you have in there place...just a cut around or is it completely covered with dashboard material...
Old 09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d M-Sport, Carbon Black, Almost all options [img]http://picasaweb.google.com/rodako/T2/photo#5076044138312609266 [/img]

i haved the same problem! the dealer said i would have to replace the whole dash!

i think he is an idiot.

And i think BMW are pushing it by not putting those things as standard !
Old 09-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Members

the reason bmw's especially the old ones, never have cup holders, or good ones at that, is becuase what German in their right mind would want to be fiddling with drinks while flying down the autobahn at 230+km/h?

i learned the hard way when iwas in munich pickingup my 550i (here now) , just getting on the autobahn: i had some coffee, and was mergin onto the freeway, the lane changes/onramps/off ramps are ver intuitive, but the problem is, they are sooo long so that if there are too many cars, you area ssured to get a chance on the freeway. Well, i got on, but i 4got "stupid" the ddrive on the right, pass left rule, and was driiving in the fast lane like anyother stupid american. Needless to say, once i saw a ruf coming up behind me, i moved over only to see that it was going about 2x my speed, i tried tocorrect myself, but i had the f*ing coffee in my hand, i jerked the steering wheel back towards the fast lane as he tried to pass me on the right, basically, in short, i spilled a crap load of steamin hot coffe on me AND my 48hr old, 1km, 550i smg with blackleather int. I felt so bad....when i got to the us, i got the seats and carpet replaced...BUT

that's why they don't have "good" cupholders

lol
Old 09-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Why would you want them
Old 09-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Originally Posted by are_62' post='339302' date='Sep 27 2006, 09:18 PM
I just picked up my new E61 today. Beautiful car and I love it! It was a demo from Germany loaded with just about everything. BUT... I never noticed until my wife pointed out today that it doesn't have cup holders!?!

Is that actuallypossible that they would have loaded one up WITHOUT fitting cup holders? It looks sharp, but I desparately need a place for my coffee...

can they be retrofittet? I guess everything can but all at a cost...
My story exactly. The nearest cup holder on my demo car is on the rear central armrest. Car is also a fully loaded ex-demo and I didn't even notice.

I don't need 6 but just one for a mineral water bottle would be nice...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Originally Posted by jlcool007' post='339400' date='Sep 28 2006, 03:44 AM
the reason bmw's especially the old ones, never have cup holders, or good ones at that, is becuase what German in their right mind would want to be fiddling with drinks while flying down the autobahn at 230+km/h?

i learned the hard way when iwas in munich pickingup my 550i (here now) , just getting on the autobahn: i had some coffee, and was mergin onto the freeway, the lane changes/onramps/off ramps are ver intuitive, but the problem is, they are sooo long so that if there are too many cars, you area ssured to get a chance on the freeway. Well, i got on, but i 4got "stupid" the ddrive on the right, pass left rule, and was driiving in the fast lane like anyother stupid american. Needless to say, once i saw a ruf coming up behind me, i moved over only to see that it was going about 2x my speed, i tried tocorrect myself, but i had the f*ing coffee in my hand, i jerked the steering wheel back towards the fast lane as he tried to pass me on the right, basically, in short, i spilled a crap load of steamin hot coffe on me AND my 48hr old, 1km, 550i smg with blackleather int. I felt so bad....when i got to the us, i got the seats and carpet replaced...BUT

that's why they don't have "good" cupholders
lol
LOL - you could pretty much say the same about I-Drive, cigarette lighters, mobile phones, etc. I don't want a full hot cup of coffee near me in a car but if you're driving for a couple of hours cross country you DO need a place for a bottle of water.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

You could try this after market cupholder. It attches to the carpet on the side of the hump by your leg. I have used mine for 2 years and love it.

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com
http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/ucii.html

For the E60 you need the Ultimate Cupholder II. The link does not always work, but if you contact theseller you can get it from him.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by robg' post='339559' date='Sep 28 2006, 04:58 PM
You could try this after market cupholder. It attches to the carpet on the side of the hump by your leg. I have used mine for 2 years and love it.

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com
http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/ucii.html

For the E60 you need the Ultimate Cupholder II. The link does not always work, but if you contact theseller you can get it from him.

Great link! Thanks for your help. I just got of the phone with him. They are not available fully custom made quite yet for the E60/61 but he expect to be able to deliver in a month or so. I will be buying two of them...