E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cup Holder???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

i dont know if this has happen to any of you guy but it did happen like a month ago to me... i was driving to work and i just place my coffee on the front cupholder... and i was at a light.. for some reason i hard the urge to take off hard and the coffee spilled everywere....

well i though i clean everything up that day.. then slowly i started to realize the cup holder doesnt come out as fast it would before.. now it doesnt come out on its own at all.. i have to press the button and pull the holder out with my other hand if i have to use it...

i was wondering if anyone has a quick fix for this????

i dont wanna take apart the dash to get to the inside of the holder.. im wondering if there is some magical spray i could buy..lol
Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 530d M-Sport TouringExterior: Titansilber Metallic, M5 mirrors, ACS rear roof spoiler, BMW Carbon Fiber rear diffuser, Adaptive Xenon headlights, AngeliBright v.3 Angel Eyes, F1 Autohaus Euphoria 6000K LED license plate lightsInterior: Black

No clue how to fix this serious issue (sorry), but I will say that I am so pleased that my E61 does NOT have cup holders.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

Originally Posted by Patrick E61' post='892944' date='May 28 2009, 11:25 AM
No clue how to fix this serious issue (sorry), but I will say that I am so pleased that my E61 does NOT have cup holders.

yea i love my 545i but the two things i hate is the storage space in the car and the cup holder i usually just keep the cup in my hand when i drive because they are horrible!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d M Sport (58) LCI

Am i the only person that likes them They're so much better than the e39's
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by phileas' post='892963' date='May 28 2009, 11:37 AM
Am i the only person that likes them They're so much better than the e39's
I'm coming from an E38 ('95 750iL) into my recently acquired E60 ('05 545i), so I have to say the cup holders are a vast improvement... Which, I admit, isn't saying much!

Later,
-M
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

Cup holders are lame, don't use them.
To get it cleaned out right, you may have to take it out of the dash.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

The cupholders are also one of my least favorite things. I never use them...no drinking allowed in my car. Also, they mess up the line on that part of the dash, and they are probably the source of some of my rattles in that direction. I wish they had a "cupholder delete" option. I will say this...they are a better design than the E39 ones....but the E34 had the very best design by far.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

When you pull the cup holder out manually there are two tork screws under black circles. You can remove the whole unit that way to clean it, you dont have to remove your dash. If after cleaning it and it still doesnt come out on its own see if BMW will do a good faith replacement. Tell them its not opening as it should. I know they did that for me when a guy I was seeing decided to hang a shopping bag on it while we were going on a road trip, the whole front plate ripped off . PS the guy is history and the cup holder is fixed hahah...

Good Luck,
JiL
Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='893052' date='May 28 2009, 01:02 PM
When you pull the cup holder out manually there are two tork screws under black circles. You can remove the whole unit that way to clean it, you dont have to remove your dash. If after cleaning it and it still doesnt come out on its own see if BMW will do a good faith replacement. Tell them its not opening as it should. I know they did that for me when a guy I was seeing decided to hang a shopping bag on it while we were going on a road trip, the whole front plate ripped off . PS the guy is history and the cup holder is fixed hahah...

Good Luck,
JiL
oh jil he broke your car!! he is outta here! lol.. good to know though being that my kids have crap in my car ALOT~!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by melimel' post='893089' date='May 28 2009, 12:35 PM
oh jil he broke your car!! he is outta here! lol.. good to know though being that my kids have crap in my car ALOT~!!!
He had other short comings but I blammed it on the cup holder issue hahah

Quick Reply: Cup Holder???