E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cost to repair scratches to bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Mr 5er' post='193153' date='Nov 3 2005, 06:45 PM
Hi ASG......Am I misinterpreting what you said. They caused the damage and are now quoting you a price to repair "WHAT THEY DID" That is not going to get it. Since I live in the New York area (Nassau County) exactly which dealer are you dealing with????. BMW of Bayside, Life Quality, I certainly would pick up the phone and call BMW NA and see what they have to say about this.

It isn't right and you should have to pay, 0, zip, nada, nothing, . Ok guys, am I wrong in my assessmernt. I think thats a down right rip off by the dealer.
My opinion is in the second post.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by SFBimmer' post='193131' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:48 PM
In the SF Bay area I have used The Dent Guys Dent Guys for dings.

They also have a Bumper Repair

<snip>

Bumper scuffs scrapes and gouges restored to factory finish. Expert color matching for the most discerning customer.

<snip>

The advertisements I have seen at the local car wash for this service is $250.00/bumper.

Good luck!

Yup..I just paid $260 to have 2 parallel scratches made by garage door (in too big a rush one night) repaired. They only had to "repair" a small area, but had to color blend nearly whole rear portion of bumper , clear coat , then buff and polish. Looks perfect.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by donv' post='193141' date='Nov 3 2005, 07:08 PM
[quote name='545smg' date='Nov 3 2005, 06:00 PM'][quote name='SFBimmer' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:48 PM']In the SF Bay area I have used The Dent Guys Dent Guys for dings.

<snip>

Bumper scuffs scrapes and gouges restored to factory finish. Expert color matching for the most discerning customer.

<snip>

The advertisements I have seen at the local car wash for this service is $250.00/bumper.

Good luck!

[snapback]193131[/snapback]
I agree dent wizard $50 -$100
[snapback]193138[/snapback]
[/quote]
Dent wizard is for dents, right? Wrong? He has paint problems.
[/quote]

Check the link.....this is NOT done at the car wash. Stated it was advertised at the car wash.

<snip>

Mobil service to your home or office

<snip>

Old 11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by SFBimmer' post='193131' date='Nov 3 2005, 05:48 PM
In the SF Bay area I have used The Dent Guys Dent Guys for dings.

<snip>

<snip>

Good luck!

Where are they located at? Do they go to our home to repair dings?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by SFBimmer' post='193238
Originally Posted by 545smg' date='Nov 3 2005, 06:00 PM
[quote name='SFBimmer' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:48 PM']In the SF Bay area I have used The Dent Guys Dent Guys for dings.

<snip>

<snip>

Good luck!

[snapback]193131[/snapback]
I agree dent wizard $50 -$100
[snapback]193138[/snapback]
Dent wizard is for dents, right? Wrong? He has paint problems.
[/quote]

Check the link.....this is NOT done at the car wash. Stated it was advertised at the car wash.

<snip>

Mobil service to your home or office

<snip>

[/quote]
I see, I think. Someone comes to your home and paints your bumper. I would be amazed it that satisfied me, but who knows? Thanks for clarifying. But, you did say:

"In the SF Bay area I have used The Dent Guys Dent Guys for dings.

"They also have a Bumper Repair. ..."
Old 11-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Senior Members

Not only should you NOT pay for the damages they did, but they should pay you for your trouble. Or at least give you some kind of product incentive. Kind of like paying for pain and suffering if you are involved in an accident that's not your fault.

They should understand that a lot of people take good care of their cars and it's a personal thing. Sounds like they will have to repaint your car. I know I wouldn't have the same feeling for the car if it has to be fixed like that. Whenever my car gets wrecked I always turn around and trade it in, or sell it, just doesn't feel the same. Good luck and let us know how it plays out.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by asg' post='193167' date='Nov 3 2005, 08:08 PM
I picked up on a saturday close to noon and there was no-one around except the receptionist, so I took my car and sent my rep an email highlighting the damage. Initially they told me that since I had taken the car, there was nothing they could do.
I can see their point. Can you document when you picked the car up and when your e-mail was sent? Doing so might help convince them that you are not trying to scam them. As mentioned above, I always do a walk around with my SA when I bring my car in. And, I always inspect my car before I leave with it. If you had inspected on the way out, then you could at least have had the receptionist verify the damage (but not that it occurred at the dealership).
Old 11-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

thats ridiculous, for 1700 you can get a brand new bumper!!!!!

you should try a GOOD detailer. they can touch up the bumper, and then polish it and you wont be able to tell the difference.

im a bmw manhattan customer and after this post im having second thoughts about ever bringing my car in to them.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 AM
asg
Members

My Ride: Arpil '04 production 545, Orient Blue, Sport Pkg, Step, CWP, NAV, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, PDC, Sat Prep, cip v20.02 (bluetooth and mp3 working great)

Originally Posted by donv' post='193272
I picked up on a saturday close to noon and there was no-one around except the receptionist, so I took my car and sent my rep an email highlighting the damage. Initially they told me that since I had taken the car, there was nothing they could do.
I can see their point. Can you document when you picked the car up and when your e-mail was sent? Doing so might help convince them that you are not trying to scam them. As mentioned above, I always do a walk around with my SA when I bring my car in. And, I always inspect my car before I leave with it. If you had inspected on the way out, then you could at least have had the receptionist verify the damage (but not that it occurred at the dealership).
[/quote]

I have an email trail that has the timeline well documented. Since I picked up my car on Saturday at closing time, several other people were behind me waiting for me to move out so they could also leave...as a result I pulled outside to check my car. When I noticed the damage, I made the judgement call to email my sales rep rather than try to get back in the building and file a report with the receptionist/or leave my car with her.

I agree that walking around with the SA is a good practice. The person who checked me in that day was helping out my SA and did call my attention to a couple of minor things...very small (and barely visible) sand/stone scratch on my passenger door and the dirt on my front bumper (near where the paint is now rubbed off). He did not call my attention to the damage that is now on my bumpers.

Based on this experience I would advise everyone to request a copy of the check-in sheet when you turn your car in...and that you request that they specify the specific issues with a few quick notes rather than just putting an X by a part of the car that could be any number of things.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

I've been to BMW Manhattan twice, with 2 different SA's, and both times they've done a pretty good job at inspecting the car with me when I arrive.

When I pick up the car I also go over the exterior with the SA again.

If its their fault, then they should fix it for free, but one should also be responsible for noting any damage before leaving, like at any garage in NYC.

Worse comes to worse, get it fixed at one of the bodyshops that BMW Manhattan uses or at a high end detail/bodyshop. It should be a lot cheaper than $1700 from how you're describing it. If the scratch hasn't reached the primer then it should definately be cheaper. Feel free to PM me if you want info for these places.

Quick Reply: Cost to repair scratches to bumpers