E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort Seat Settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545i MY05 week 6 Mystic Blue / Black Dakota Steptronic, Sport Package, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, ProNav, HUD

I've had my 545 with comfort seats for a couple of weeks now, but am unable to get completely comfortable in them: too many degrees of freedom! Any of you folks care to share your favourite comfort seat setup tips?
Old 04-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

I would advice to totally deflate the lumbar support. To make the upper part of the backrest very vertical and the lower part not to much inclined.

The seat cushion is rather high and leaned a little backward to ensure support of the legs. I do not use the extension.

Try to have your arms with anopening angle of no more tan 120? when having hand on the wheel at 9.15.

My back is very sensible and the comfort seats are a success but the stearing wheel from my opinion cannot be extended far enough.

I am 1,83 m high and wheight 84 kg.

Good luck
Old 04-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

Originally Posted by FJPM' date='Apr 8 2005, 08:11 AM
I would advice to totally deflate the lumbar support. To make the upper part of the backrest very vertical and the lower part not to much inclined.

The seat cushion is rather high and leaned a little backward to ensure support of the legs. I do not use the extension.

Try to have your arms with anopening angle of no more tan 120? when having hand on the wheel at 9.15.

My back is very sensible and the comfort seats are a success but the stearing wheel from my opinion cannot be extended far enough.

I am 1,83 m high and wheight 84 kg.

Good luck
[snapback]112795[/snapback]
That's Good advice, The only thing I'm having trouble with is getting the lumbar support setting comfortable. My posture after a day at work is awful & I thinK my body resists what is supposed to be the natural 'lumbar lordosis' = curvature of lower spine. It is getting easier.

Above is a good starting point - get used to it then fine tune to your ideal comfort setting.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 535 D - to be delivered end Feb 2005 - color E08 - comfort seats - executive leather balck - 122 wheels - dynamic drive - active steering - pack luxe - tecnology pack - moon roof - 6CD player - hifi system - spare wheel - BT phone

I Mercedes and BMW the lumbar support is pneumatic: it means that there is nearly no foam in between the seat cover and the air cushion: it cannot be comfortable -> deflate it
Old 04-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

I have the back incline about 60% forward, the side bolsters all the way tight, lumbar on 50% (about), Thigh support all the way out. Headrest up a bit

I have no idea how to describe the bottom angles.

I am 6'1" and 185# (1.84 and 85 kg - roughly in my head)
Old 04-08-2005, 03:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Normally I keep my seat with the bottom part lowered all the way, and then tilted backwards by twisting the bottom control so the front portion raises about an inch. I find this more confortable, and it is probably safer too because it prevents submarine action with seatbelts in an accident.

I deflate the lumbar completely... I hate lumbar support.

I pinch in the side bolsters about 15-20%

I lean the seat back a little bit, but tilt the top portion of the seat back forward, so that my shoulders are supported more upright than my lower back.

I do not use the leg extension normally.

I keep headrest in lowest position, because I am short (5 foot 7 inches)

Steering wheel I keep retracted all the way towards the dash, and I raise it so that I can just see the center information display over the edge of the wheel center portion.

You guys will probably laugh, but I have a second setting which I use when on highways for long trips. I saved the setting to # 2 memory... haha.

I lean the seat bottom up very high in front, and extend the thigh support out all the way. This takes my feet off the floor and supports them in the air like I'm sitting in a lounge chair.

I set active cruise, and I don't need the pedals at all.

I lean the seat back more, so I'm relaxed. I use the neck rest to support my head.

I extend the steering wheel outward so it's easier to hold while leaning back comfortably.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Apr 8 2005, 11:00 AM
Normally I keep my seat with the bottom part lowered all the way, and then tilted backwards by twisting the bottom control so the front portion raises about an inch.? I find this more confortable, and it is probably safer too because it prevents submarine action with seatbelts in an accident.

I deflate the lumbar completely...? I hate lumbar support.

I pinch in the side bolsters about 15-20%

I lean the seat back a little bit, but tilt the top portion of the seat back forward, so that my shoulders are supported more upright than my lower back.

I do not use the leg extension normally.

I keep headrest in lowest position, because I am short (5 foot 7 inches)

Steering wheel I keep retracted all the way towards the dash, and I raise it so that I can just see the center information display over the edge of the wheel center portion.

You guys will probably laugh, but I have a second setting which I use when on highways for long trips.? I saved the setting to # 2 memory... haha.

I lean the seat bottom up very high in front, and extend the thigh support out all the way.? This takes my feet off the floor and supports them in the air like I'm sitting in a lounge chair.

I set active cruise, and I don't need the pedals at all.

I lean the seat back more, so I'm relaxed.? I use the neck rest to support my head.

I extend the steering wheel outward so it's easier to hold while leaning back comfortably.
[snapback]112834[/snapback]
& then I fall asleep !!!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Contributors

The only 2 settings I never change are the lumbar (totally deflated) and the head rest height (all the way up).

All the other settings get changed all the time. I have become totally comfortable with the location and use of all the seat adjustment buttons and change them all frequently.

Good example - I like tightening up the side support and pushing up close to the steering wheel while driving in a spirited manor and backing off and loosing up when cruising.