E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

comfort access question

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530xiT

Originally Posted by markt540i' post='196364' date='Nov 10 2005, 01:53 PM
With comfort access, is there a key hole in the door?
There is a key inside the fob that just opens the door...won't start the car. I have noticed that sometimes it takes two or three grabs of the door handle before it locks or unlocks...other times it works instantly. There may be a sensitivity adjustment.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rhnorb' post='196370' date='Nov 10 2005, 05:07 PM
I have noticed that sometimes it takes two or three grabs of the door handle before it locks or unlocks...other times it works instantly. There may be a sensitivity adjustment.
Same nonsense with the E500 I had, Keyless Go....was more or less Keyless NoGo half the time.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:57 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by rhnorb' post='196370
With comfort access, is there a key hole in the door?
There is a key inside the fob that just opens the door...won't start the car. I have noticed that sometimes it takes two or three grabs of the door handle before it locks or unlocks...other times it works instantly. There may be a sensitivity adjustment.
[/quote]

I've only had my car for 4 days, but it's worked every time for me without hesitation, on all doors.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Members

Just to sum up and clarify some features about my CA experience (three weeks).
First of all it's very nice and useful but it's my humble opinion.

It always reacts very fast: the only attention you have to pay is to fully insert the hand between the handle and the door and the car unlocks doors (you decide either all of them or just one) and alarm.

Than you get into the car and:
1. If you press the Start/stop button shortly, the Idrive screen comes up;
2. If you press it again without pushing clutch or brake, it goes off.
3. If you push the clutch or brake pedal and press the start/button the engine will come up.
4. If you press shortly the start/stop button while the car is on, the engine will be fired off but the screen will still be on;
5. If you press the start/stop button a little longer you completely turn off the engine and the screen.

When you leave your car, you simply touch the key hole on the door (outside) and automatically it closes the doors and applies alarm.

If you leave the car with windows opened, you have to keep the inch on the key hole untill they close.

If the remote is outside the car, you cannot light your engine.

If the engine is on and you take your remote outside the car, an Alaram sign appears on the screen warning that - should the engine be switched off - it could not be fired on again unless you take the remote inside the car.

That's all, I think:-))
Luca
Old 11-11-2005, 02:52 AM
Members

P.s.: the remote in CA cars doesn't need to be recharged.
It is equipped with a battery which, I suppose, will last a long, considering you don't use it a lot (almost never).

When the battery will begin discharging, the Idrive menu will suggest you to change battery "in the following days".

And yes, there's another "emergency pocket platic key" which could be used in conjunction with the plastic body which is situated in the glove compartment.

Cheero
Old 11-11-2005, 03:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by LukeV' post='196620' date='Nov 11 2005, 07:52 PM
P.s.: the remote in CA cars doesn't need to be recharged.
It is equipped with a battery which, I suppose, will last a long, considering you don't use it a lot (almost never).

When the battery will begin discharging, the Idrive menu will suggest you to change battery "in the following days".

And yes, there's another "emergency pocket platic key" which could be used in conjunction with the plastic body which is situated in the glove compartment.

Cheero
Thanks for clearing up. I always thought the CA's key fob have a rechargeable battery and you need to insert your keys once in a while.

But not exactly an option worth getting, but don't trust my words cause I don't have it.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='187556' date='Oct 23 2005, 06:20 AM
[quote name='santiago fonseca' date='Oct 23 2005, 07:48 PM']I'm considering the CA as well, but I have a few of questions:
1. What happens if your key is stolen or lost -? can anyone the drive off with your car?
2. How do you handle someone else driving your car - Valet, shipping (at the port of entry)?
3. Can the key be locked in the car?? It's not supposed to be but I hear it has happened.
4. How do you lock the car upon leaving it?

It's $1000 bucks here in Germany (US Specs through Military Sales).

I think the new Start/Stop button makes it mandatory to have CA.? I think it's stupid to have a start button and you still have to have the fob in the ignition.? That's an extra step.? What Dummkopf though of that one - or maybe it was a scheme to charge more for the CA since it makes no sense to have a button if you can't benefit from it...?
[snapback]187538[/snapback]
1. Anyone with the key can drive your car away unless you get your dealer to reset your code.
2. Can't answer that question, but I suppose they'll operate the car the same way that you would. I wonder if we will be supplied with a key w/out the CA for valet.
3. If the system in the E65 is anything to go by, you will not be able to lock the key in. Pls read pt 4 for more indication of this.
4. From what I have read, you will have to depress the lock button on the key to lock the car and arm the alarm.

CA is not mandatory. Some guys may think that this little "extra" is not worth the money.
[/quote]
can't they drive off with any key stolen?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Just thought of something, wouldn't it be nice if the CAs keyfob does have the rechargeable battery and the system will know the battery is running low and tell you to put the key in to recharge.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='196636' date='Nov 11 2005, 07:59 AM
Just thought of something, wouldn't it be nice if the CAs keyfob does have the rechargeable battery and the system will know the battery is running low and tell you to put the key in to recharge.
That would be cool, but todays batteries are awesome and probably could last easily for 5 years or so, at least long enough until you trade in the car for a newer one
Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='196631' date='Nov 11 2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks for clearing up. I always thought the CA's key fob have a rechargeable battery and you need to insert your keys once in a while.
But not exactly an option worth getting, but don't trust my words cause I don't have it.
That is valid for NON CA key fob.
CA key fobs use batteries.

Greets.
Luca