E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort Access

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are all E60 models getting this for 2006 ??

I had it on the 750 loaner, its brilliant. I even tried to lock the key in the car and it won't let you do it.

NO more looking for keys etc...all it has to be is in your pocket!

reccommended option!!

DD
Old 06-01-2005, 05:07 AM
Contributors

it will be an option for the E60 from Sept orders....
Old 06-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' date='Jun 1 2005, 01:07 PM
it will be an option for the E60 from Sept orders....?
[snapback]135058[/snapback]
How much???
Old 06-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Excuse me for being a bit of a plank! But how exactly does comfort access work?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Senior Members

In order to have comfort access, the car should have a start button, shouldn't it?

I know of some Jap cars with the start button retrofitted with a keyless system. Even the new Nissan Latio comes with a start button and keyless entry and it sells at 20% the cost of our E60.

I very much doubt BMW will do anything to the current key and key start system that we presently have in our E60 but if they do, then it will definitely be a most welcomed improvement.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Edlee' date='Jun 1 2005, 10:52 AM
In order to have comfort access, the car should have a start button, shouldn't it??

I know of some Jap cars with the start button retrofitted with a keyless system.? Even the new Nissan Latio comes with a start button and keyless entry and it sells at 30% the cost of our E60.?

I very much doubt BMW will do anything to the current key and key start system that we presently have in our E60 but if they do, then it will definitely be a most welcomed improvement.
[snapback]135101[/snapback]

The E90 has a start button. You can see the key has been inserted just below the black button.
Attached Thumbnails Comfort Access-button.jpg  
Old 06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Jun 1 2005, 09:56 AM
The E90 has a start button.? You can see the key has been inserted just below the black button.
[snapback]135102[/snapback]
Thats true. However, the E90 was designed with specifically those items, just like the E65.

Re-designing whatever is already there is a different story altogether. All the relevant parts that are currently in stock will immediately become obsolete. Assembly machines will have to be reset. I'm not too sure BMW will want to lose that much money and downtime.

However, like I mentioned in my last post, I really hope they start somewhere. Then there'll be a reason for current owners to upgrade. Wow!!! a 550 or an M5 with the start button and comfort access plus all the other new goodies that may be introduced. Thats a real tempting prospect. Better start saving.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Contributors

the E90 does not have comfort access as the standard option, that is just a push start that you still need a 'key' to use, ....but comfort access will be available as an option for the E90 is sept, it is in black and white if you view the dealer order guides as well as published literature from BMW..there is NO key slot for comfort access

..again.. for the E60/E63, both cars are verified to have comfort access as an option for sept orders, many dealers even know about this..no redesign issues....

im waiting to order my car with it...
Old 06-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Yes, My dealer has confirmed comfort access from sept production as an option.....the best thing about the system is you do NOT need to touch the "key", If it is in your pocket or briefcase that will do.,

Just pull on the door handle, sit down, foot on the brake and press start. at the other end, just push the button, climb out and push the door shut with the door handle and it locks.

There are failsafes that stop you locking the key in the car or the boot (trunk) if the car detects the "key" inside

In my opinion, this option is an absolute must (having experienced it in the E65)

DD
Old 06-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

How do you open the trunk remotely on a car with comfort access? Do you need to pull on the handle? I'd miss the remote opening if it's not possible.

Also, what about unlocking the rear doors so I can put my bag in the back seat - how does it know which doors to unlock? If my wife is being approached by some scumbag is it going to unlock all the doors and let him in?

Quick Reply: Comfort Access