E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Coding in Michigan/Mid-West | Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

I know there are a ton of topics showing how to retrofit the CiC to replace the older CCC navigation. However to keep my costs down I am retrofitting CCC to replace my MASK system.

I have the parts (most of them i think) and have thought about coding my vehicle by myself. but before i head down that path, is there anyone in Michigan or the midwest area that does coding? i def wouldnt mind paying someone to code this stuff for me...

also, can anyone post an installation DIY thread on how to remove my MASK system and retrofit in the CCC modules?

i have already installed the monitor, but im not sure how the dash comes apart for the CCC head unit. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Senior Members

still need help with coding...

ive got some pending mods that will def need to be coded:

*M5 cluster retrofit (still bidding on/looking for parts)
*CiC iDrive controller
*MASK to CCC Nav retrofit
*M5 Auto-fold mirrors (still looking for parts)
*Angel Eye illumination during unlocking/locking of the doors

tho im strongly considering learning how to do all this coding stuff myself...i would really like to find someone who can help me out that i can PAY lol.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by umichchris
*Angel Eye illumination during unlocking/locking of the doors
Not possible for you unless you install LM2 or hard wire it.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

pardon my ignorance, but whats an LM2? sounds like something else i need to add to my 'must procure' list...
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Light module 2. It's the light module that was made post September 2006. You only want it if you want to do LCI conversion, otherwise paying $400 for a module to just do welcome lights is foolish to me.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i

semi-related, you could get angel eye illumination this way, instead of shelling out $400:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/988...1#entry1175508
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Still looking for coding help?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

yanked out the CCC Nav system and sold it (well the second one at least lol....thanks Gyoung)

anywho....I now have a full CiC system retrofitted and coded for sound (thanks again Patryk).

but i still could use some help coding. coding for some other items still isnt going smoothly. i tried doing the digital speedo and actual speed reading for my KOMBI unit. it accepts programming and completes the SG_Codergin but after i start the car....none of the options i code are present. i tried using different profiles but the coding doesnt stick. i also have an M5 cluster....i know understand that that cannot be coded, but i am in the process of deconstructing it so i can use the needles, LEDs and gauges in my standard cluster....only thing is i would need to program the KOMBI unit to calibrate speed and RPM readings for M5 measurements....otherwise my actual speed will read wrong against the gauges....make sense? i dont know how/where to make those changes...

add to that i bought an LM2 unit but havent had success in coding that either....really want to figure this one out before i buy my LCI headlights.

thoughts?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by umichchris
yanked out the CCC Nav system and sold it (well the second one at least lol....thanks Gyoung)

anywho....I now have a full CiC system retrofitted and coded for sound (thanks again Patryk).

but i still could use some help coding. coding for some other items still isnt going smoothly. i tried doing the digital speedo and actual speed reading for my KOMBI unit. it accepts programming and completes the SG_Codergin but after i start the car....none of the options i code are present. i tried using different profiles but the coding doesnt stick. i also have an M5 cluster....i know understand that that cannot be coded, but i am in the process of deconstructing it so i can use the needles, LEDs and gauges in my standard cluster....only thing is i would need to program the KOMBI unit to calibrate speed and RPM readings for M5 measurements....otherwise my actual speed will read wrong against the gauges....make sense? i dont know how/where to make those changes...

add to that i bought an LM2 unit but havent had success in coding that either....really want to figure this one out before i buy my LCI headlights.

thoughts?

I havn't coded a 2004. Does that use the same cable that a 2007+ uses? Sounds like you have quite a few trickier sort of things to figure out. I don't know that I would be much help to try and plan for a meet somewhere to help you out.