E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Closing windows w/Key button

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Aug 8 2004, 09:01 PM
Not at all, five minutes.. While you're at it, tell them to change your aumatic headlights setting to sensitive. That will make your headlights come on a bit later..
Exactly!
Old 08-08-2004, 11:31 AM
MEX
Senior Members

ohhh and btw, what about the foglights not going off every time i turn off the headlights? i wish i didnt have to turn them on every time, just stay the way i left them
Old 08-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

In europe it is illegal to drive around with your foglights on without extensive fog.. I don't think they can make them go on by themselves everytime you start your car
Old 08-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MEX' date='Aug 8 2004, 09:31 PM
ohhh and btw, what about the foglights not going off every time i turn off the headlights? i wish i didnt have to turn them on every time, just stay the way i left them
They will allways be off, when you turn the headlights off. They are for use in fog only, not for daily use. In some countrys you get a ticket when using them without fog!
AND: it looks STUPID IMHO when somebody has them on in regular daylight!!!
So this will allways be like it is right now... It's not getting changed, trust me!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

A few years ago it was "in" over here.. Now when I see somebody with their fogs on in brought daylight I always feel that they want to push others of the roads with their "get out of the way, I'm coming to irritate you" lights on.

Together with the xenons it looks kinda dull anyway.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Contributors

I had a friend get a ticket here. Police said there wasn't enough fog
Old 08-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Aug 8 2004, 10:01 PM
Oh thanx officer for the hint, I am just too drunken to realize that...
Old 08-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

enough? does everyone have a fog detector installed in their cars? that's insane ! if it was me, i won't pay for the tix. i'll just write back and have them proof that day's weather condition. not enough fog, i think they just couldn't reach their ticket quota !
Old 08-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Aug 9 2004, 03:52 AM
enough? does everyone have a fog detector installed in their cars? that's insane ! if it was me, i won't pay for the tix. i'll just write back and have them proof that day's weather condition. not enough fog, i think they just couldn't reach their ticket quota !
It doesn't work like that here. there is not a quota. Cops here have better things ot do believe it or not. They just don't sit around like US cops to zap people. They set up speed traps. And by the German if you cannot see more than 2 idiot sticks on the road then you can have them on. I guess the conditions were not as bad.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Senior Members

They set up speed traps.
that's way worse than our "donut-coffe" cops !

Quick Reply: Closing windows w/Key button