E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CIP 20 & MP3

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07/2004 530i 2007 X5 4.8i

Hi all, my car is at the dealer for a software update. Can anyone please confirm whether I should be able to have MP3 enabled in my car.
Build date is July 04, Logic 7 with no nav and Canadian spec.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

Got what was supposedly CIP 20 today, the audio module was not reprogramed, however, apparently the upgrade could not be done with my ccc module (not compatible)?! So no MP3, I've even lost the regular CD tags, just track numbers now. Can you imagine how bored am I right now? Everything else was changed to the new version. First immediate changes were: Idrive boots almost instantly now, gear change is a lot snappier like I am constantly in DS- not good, I hope that would be the gearbox learning and it would go away soon, steering feels quite a bit lighter, AS has changed too not too sure how yet. They changed voice control to English at my request.

Overall not pleased, not sure whether they were being genuine with the ccc crap or just wanted to go home cause their work time was over.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by sapkan' post='227097
Originally Posted by fpinto' post='226700' date='Jan 19 2006, 04:54 PM
I suspect it is related to the ISO file lenght. It can be Level-1 (11 chars - 8+3) or Level 2 (Max. 31 chars). The s/w you are using to burn your cd's should have a parameter to select the ISO modes.
Yes, it seems that the BMW CD player read the file names in the track list, and then the ID3 tag in the details of the current track. But on the CD I burned I have long names, so why does the BMW CD-player cut them after 8 characters?

Burning with Nero (for instance), in order to have more than 8 cars displayed you MUST change burning parameters to 31 cars max. It Does not matter how many cars are used to describe file.
This is related both to show root and directories both to show artist and title written on Tag ID3
Old 01-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ricky' post='227101
Got what was supposedly CIP 20 today, the audio module was not reprogramed, however, apparently the upgrade could not be done with my ccc module (not compatible)?! So no MP3, I've even lost the regular CD tags, just track numbers now. Can you imagine how bored am I right now? Everything else was changed to the new version. First immediate changes were: Idrive boots almost instantly now, gear change is a lot snappier like I am constantly in DS- not good, I hope that would be the gearbox learning and it would go away soon, steering feels quite a bit lighter, AS has changed too not too sure how yet. They changed voice control to English at my request.

Overall not pleased, not sure whether they were being genuine with the ccc crap or just wanted to go home cause their work time was over.

It happened the same to me on 28-dec-2005.
Last week I came back to dealer and they in an half an hour updated to MP3 (when you have 20.0 it exist a short procedure to update to MP3).
Good luck.

On steptronic I noticed no change in D mode, more aggressive in DS mode.

Originally Posted by Mille' post='226710
I suspect it is related to the ISO file lenght. It can be Level-1 (11 chars - 8+3) or Level 2 (Max. 31 chars). The s/w you are using to burn your cd's should have a parameter to select the ISO modes.
Yes, it seems that the BMW CD player read the file names in the track list, and then the ID3 tag in the details of the current track. But on the CD I burned I have long names, so why does the BMW CD-player cut them after 8 characters?
[/quote]

Burning with Nero (for instance), in order to have more than 8 cars displayed you MUST change burning parameters to 31 cars max. It Does not matter how many cars are used to describe file.
This is related both to show root and directories both to show artist and title written on Tag ID3

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I have the latest version of Nero Express, but I can?t find where to set the burning parameters to 31 cars. Coul?d you please advice?
Old 01-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

Got my car back from the dealers tonight. I don't know if its me or the car but it feels so different from when it went in yesterday.Had a couple of things replaced and new CIP don't no the number will find out when i get the paper work. MP3 was enabled works fine just one thing, when i put the disk in it only displays 7 tracks and only 8 letters in the name of each track. I know there are 168 tracks on the CD any idea why it plays only the 7 ?.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Mille' post='227103' date='Jan 20 2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I have the latest version of Nero Express, but I can?t find where to set the burning parameters to 31 cars. Coul?d you please advice?

You are right, I uninstalled ,few days ago, nero express 6 and I installed Nero 7 Suite including NERO BURNING ROM.
In NERO BURNING ROM you can tune these parameters.
In my knowledge you need a more powerful tool than simple Nero Express.
There are for sure a lot of others burning tools suitable for, including old Nero 5.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

Originally Posted by ricky' post='227110

You are right, I uninstalled ,few days ago, nero express 6 and I installed Nero 7 Suite including NERO BURNING ROM.
In NERO BURNING ROM you can tune these parameters.
In my knowledge you need a more powerful tool than simple Nero Express.
There are for sure a lot of others burning tools suitable for, including old Nero 5.

[/quote]
I havnt driven many miles yet but i am sure the auto is a little bit more aggresive on slow speed changes.you can feel them, before just melted together.
havnt tried any cd or dvd blows yet just one i had all works ok.
voice commands function but wont allow me to choose a track on dvd drive like the cd.! (play track 4 dvd drive )some problems with various devices on the stereo jack plug for aux in ,now investigating some leads function better than others but seem phisically the same.i will update over weekend when i have more time.
now trying to finish my dvd install.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

Ricky, I hope its the same case here since my car is built Apr/05 and I dont think my CCC needs replacing since mp3 works fine on 04 cars.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by radioham' post='227126' date='Jan 20 2006, 10:31 PM
I havnt driven many miles yet but i am sure the auto is a little bit more aggresive on slow speed changes.you can feel them, before just melted together.
Don't worry about this, the fuzzy logic that learns your driving patterns gets reset when the s/w is updated. It'll be back to normal after a few more miles of typical driving.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:50 AM
Geo
Members

My Ride: 530i

I just got back my 530i (build date 050922) from the dealer. They installed CIP v20 and now MP3 disk can be played. I was even able to burn them directly from Windows Media Player 10.

Quick Reply: CIP 20 & MP3