E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CIP 20 & MP3

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M3 SMGII' post='230410
Originally Posted by M3 SMGII' post='230398' date='Jan 27 2006, 04:20 AM
[quote name='ricky' post='230080' date='Jan 26 2006, 09:46 PM']
[quote name='sapkan' post='228140' date='Jan 23 2006, 07:54 AM']
Has anyone with pronav and with a build date between march and september 2005 got their mp3 working without changing the CCC? input much appreciated

535d E60 Nav Pro sept 04 build .
CIP 20.0 with MP3 working without any change.
Is there also 3D view for the navi???
My car is also sept 04 with navi prof but i went to the dealer and he said it is still not possible to have MP3 and 3D view for cars before 3/05 navi prof. :thumbsdown:
Do you also have dutch menu structure or still english??

thx
[/quote]

Hi!
My car is march 04 and i have navi prof with 3D view and mp3. Your dealer needs to be updated....
[/quote]
hi thx for the reply.
Do you really mean that??3D AND MP3???
My dealer told me it is still not possible :'(
Do you also have Dutch or another language for the navi??
[/quote]

My car's build is pre 09/2004 and I've recently got it upgraded to the latest CIP and I get the Perspective Navigiation (3D view), I don't however have MP3, I've asked for it to be enabled this Friday once I'd found a dealer who knew what I was talking about so fingers crossed

I know the bulletin only says car's pre 03/05 will work with MP3 but as others here have it working I may be lucky.

I've got Prof Nav on a 530d sport.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Members

My Ride: Nov 04 BMW E61 525iA, Navi Prof CCC with voice recognition, Dakota Leather, Adaptive Xenon, PDC, Elec. seats with Seatmemory, Advanced Airco, Panorama Roof, 17" 138 runflat, DVB-T TV, Dimming Int. Mirror, CD Changer, Bluetooth retrofitted with Nokia 6230

I have an E61 from 11-04 with Navi Pro. It was updated today to version 20 and MP3 now works in both the CD and the DVD drive in the dashboard. 3d navigation ("perspective") was already working since a few months (v18?) and still does. So all is well then, and the car feels a bit different too after the upgrade, the automatic gearbox seems to behave a bit different in low revs. My menus are in English and my speech recognition are set to English UK. I'm happy :-)
Old 02-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by converted2bmw' post='230431' date='Jan 27 2006, 07:15 AM
hmmmm... This is all very interesting for me. I suppose im a bit of a newbie when it comes to iDrive, I use it, but don't do much else. I understand 'CIP 20' is some kind of upgrade? Do the dealers upgrade for free, or as part of an annual service? (U.K)

I recieved my car in Dec 04, so don't know when it was built, however the characteristics of my iDrive might help to find out. It's pretty slow, the navigation is not 3D, and its what looks like to be the old style iDrive knob (more angled). I've never tried an MP3 disc don't know if it'll work. I have prof radio and prof sat nav though.
Coding, Individualization, Programming (CIP). Term used to refer to the software set of programs in our vehicles (not just iDrive). Like most software they start with a operational version and then build on it with a numbering system to indicate major and minor upgrades and changes. We (I and others) have access to the service bulletins announcing the release of new versions and we refer to these as CIP v##.##.##. There has been a move by BMW to change the title (now use PROGMAN for Program Manager) version ..... (continuing the same numbering system) and we have seen this in the last 2 or 3 releases.

Build date is important for several reasons. If no updates by anyone during the cars life as you know it then owner could try to determine the level of CIP as compared to the list I have compiled in the attachment. Another reason is, certain capabilities may or may not be available to you without hardware modification depending on build date. For instance Bluetooth capability. Service bulletins delineate cut off dates for proper TCU (Telematics Control Unit) that will accommodate Bluetooth. In USA spec cars the build date should be on the front driver side door pillar, but cannot say that it applies to ROW.
There is no easy way to say what all has been fixed (BTW I should mention that the service bulletin process only includes ?fixes? to problems and does not include any enhancements that may come with the software upgrades). However, recent bulletins (full text provided in several threads. If you do a search on ?bulletin? look at CIP 20.01.00 or 20.00.00) have included a summary of all fixes dating back to CIP 10 ? the beginning???
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CIP_History.pdf (4.6 KB, 152 views)
Old 02-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Great. I like the album too. Just listening to it through Musicmatch on Demand.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Members

My Ride: Nov 04 BMW E61 525iA, Navi Prof CCC with voice recognition, Dakota Leather, Adaptive Xenon, PDC, Elec. seats with Seatmemory, Advanced Airco, Panorama Roof, 17" 138 runflat, DVB-T TV, Dimming Int. Mirror, CD Changer, Bluetooth retrofitted with Nokia 6230

Znod, its a bit hard to tell, but both my wife and I have the feeling that the cars picks up quicker in low revs. We were rather unhappy until now when the car (525iA) only "woke up" at around 2000 RPM. Now it seems that the logic has changed a bit and its a bit more awake in lower revs. At the same time I dont know if the CIP has anything to do with the motor management and timings, it sure feels like a change...
Old 02-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by td5223' post='233571' date='Feb 2 2006, 01:48 PM
Znod, its a bit hard to tell, but both my wife and I have the feeling that the cars picks up quicker in low revs. We were rather unhappy until now when the car (525iA) only "woke up" at around 2000 RPM. Now it seems that the logic has changed a bit and its a bit more awake in lower revs. At the same time I dont know if the CIP has anything to do with the motor management and timings, it sure feels like a change...
Yes, the software can affect DME (Digital Motor Electronics). There were at least 4 fixes to DME between CIP 10 and 20, plus we do not know exactly when or if any "enhancements" were made. Also Step and SMG software mapping could affect tranny learning modes, how aggressive sport modes are or how gentle "economy" modes are. So yes, performance could be up or down depending where you come from (software version) to where you go to (software version).
Old 02-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

After CIP 20 the auto tranny is definitely much more aggressive in D. Haven't used DS since but it has probably changed as well. And its not the tranny learning cause its been a while since I updated CIP and it still does that, Its very annoying in slow moving traffic. Now I can feel the gearbox shift where as before the shifts were seamless. It feels like its starts in 1st now where before on slow starts in D I believe the car would start from 2nd. I am annoyed.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by boubou' post='230061' date='Jan 26 2006, 02:12 PM
Hey guys...

Got my car 2 days ago...

MP3 ok in Europe with Radio Prof.

And the CD structure is kept....!

Attachment 14725
Attachment 14726
Attachment 14727
Attachment 14728

boubou,

It seems you haven't NAV-PRO, but I'm wondering why my songs are displayed with under-scores between words and yours don't... have you done anything special while burning your MP3 discs?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d M Sport

Hi,

First post on this forum and first month's ownership of my new BMW 535d M Sport which is great

As it's a new Jan 06 car (production Dec 05) I assume I have CIP 2.0.x.

I haven't got sat nav and haven't upgraded the stereo but was hoping MP3 CDs would play back on the single CD drive after reading many posts on this topic.

I've created an MP3 CD using iTunes and it doesn't appear to work in the car. I get the message 'Cannot read media'. I have tried the same CD in a DVD player at home that plays MP3 CDs and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Roger
Old 02-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rxlee' post='234033' date='Feb 3 2006, 07:15 AM
Hi,

First post on this forum and first month's ownership of my new BMW 535d M Sport which is great

As it's a new Jan 06 car (production Dec 05) I assume I have CIP 2.0.x.

I haven't got sat nav and haven't upgraded the stereo but was hoping MP3 CDs would play back on the single CD drive after reading many posts on this topic.

I've created an MP3 CD using iTunes and it doesn't appear to work in the car. I get the message 'Cannot read media'. I have tried the same CD in a DVD player at home that plays MP3 CDs and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Roger
You have to be careful on both, the quality of CD?s, (must be the good ones) and burning at the lowest speed available.
It happens to me exactly the same as you, and I found out the BMW drive is very sensitive with not so good CD?s.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: CIP 20 & MP3