E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Central Locking Issue or Coding issue HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 09:11 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Red face Central Locking Issue or Coding issue HELP!

Hi everyone,
My name is Tony and I need the community help for something that I have not seen before.
The car is E60 2008 BMW 528i N52 engine with 105k miles.
The issue:
Everything seems to work perfect but the central locking is acting up. Everything works as it should ( or as far as I know ) but when the drivers door is open and then closed everything locks simultaneously. Like right away. It does not make a any difference if key is in or out the car. In the ignition or out, even when the car is running it locks. I know for sure that the key is not original BMW key. I mean it was made from a locksmith. Is it a coding of the CAS issue or something mechanical like a door lock.
I scan the car with ISTA and all is fine green modules all the way.
Thanks to all in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. New to forums so if I have posted in the wrong section I am sorry guys.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:16 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 05 BMW 525
Engine: M54B25

Originally Posted by SkTony
Hi everyone,
My name is Tony and I need the community help for something that I have not seen before.
The car is E60 2008 BMW 528i N52 engine with 105k miles.
The issue:
Everything seems to work perfect but the central locking is acting up. Everything works as it should ( or as far as I know ) but when the drivers door is open and then closed everything locks simultaneously. Like right away. It does not make a any difference if key is in or out the car. In the ignition or out, even when the car is running it locks. I know for sure that the key is not original BMW key. I mean it was made from a locksmith. Is it a coding of the CAS issue or something mechanical like a door lock.
I scan the car with ISTA and all is fine green modules all the way.
Thanks to all in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. New to forums so if I have posted in the wrong section I am sorry guys.
Using NCSEXPERT and NCSDUMMY, check for automatic locking. There are different options depending on what speed you want the doors to be locked. I once locked myself out of the car because it was set to 0 mph so when I closed the door, everything locked and my keys were inside.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:25 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60

Hello there and thanks for taking the time to share my pain
I did that and it unfortunately everything was coded ok, so after 5 days of reading/learning coding and comparing the code with other E60's on the net I decided to go with new Door Lock Actuator and that fix it for me. Hopefully this can help someone else as I have not read or seen a malfunction like that.
Thanks again!
Old 07-17-2021, 04:12 AM
New Members

My Ride: na

I don't think a locksmith can help in this matter at all. The experts from the dealerships knows well about the central locking and its coding and they can deal with the issue well.