E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CD Changer problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by wcr3d
No I haven't looked. I am going to try for a refund as it is not what I was told by the seller. I know probably screwed but if there is that much left to do I would rather attempt an aux port and just use my phone.
Thank you all for you help and insight!
It's really not too difficult to do if you have the coding tools. For under $100 (and some fundamental reading), you'll be able to add features and code your own car. Example - I wanted factory navigation. Originally, it would have been a $4000+ addition. I bought the unit from a member here for $700, had a programming cable ($80 or so), and software (free if you search). I upgraded my nave for under $800, coded in live traffic, added my changer (did that when I first started coding last year), comfort window roll-up, TCU change to add Concierge and other options, etc. You'd even be able to code in your Aux port. As an FYI, any module/feature being added that is accessed via iDrive will require coding. These things can either be 1) cost-prohibitive to do at a dealer or 2) outright denied they could be done by the dealer. Go to BMW Coding for instructions. Good luck!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w/Sport, Premium, Cold weather. Silver Gray Metallic, Black Dakota leather interior.

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
It's really not too difficult to do if you have the coding tools. For under $100 (and some fundamental reading), you'll be able to add features and code your own car. Example - I wanted factory navigation. Originally, it would have been a $4000+ addition. I bought the unit from a member here for $700, had a programming cable ($80 or so), and software (free if you search). I upgraded my nave for under $800, coded in live traffic, added my changer (did that when I first started coding last year), comfort window roll-up, TCU change to add Concierge and other options, etc. You'd even be able to code in your Aux port. As an FYI, any module/feature being added that is accessed via iDrive will require coding. These things can either be 1) cost-prohibitive to do at a dealer or 2) outright denied they could be done by the dealer. Go to BMW Coding for instructions. Good luck!
I have the cable and can do the coding myself. I haven't actually done any as of yet, not comfortable quite yet. The main thing is, it wasn't as advertised, so I didn't want to put anymore into it when what I really wanted to an aux port. I am a member over at bmw coding forum, newbie. I was just doing this as an interim while I got more comfortable coding. Still doing some research as to what all I might need for the aux port. I'm finding out that the difference in the Xdrive E60 is just enough to be a PITA!
I would like to know more about your mods, as some of them are what my intents are.
Thank you!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w/Sport, Premium, Cold weather. Silver Gray Metallic, Black Dakota leather interior.

Sorry, double post