E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCC stuck in boot loop

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:09 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 BMW 535d M Sport
Default CCC stuck in boot loop

Hello. I am new to the forum, and this issue has been racking my brain for the last 2 days. I just picked up a 04 (54 plate) 535d on Saturday and my CCC (iDrive) seems to be stuck in the boot loop. I have searched on several different places, and have tried several things with no real results. I am just looking for some advice on what I can try next, or what my next steps are to properly diagnose the issue before I start throwing parts and money at it.

- CCC stuck in boot loop

- disconnected MULF module AND disabled bluetooth in the software, no change

- removed Sat Nav disk, no change

- performed 3 button reset, no change

- tried applying pressure to different areas on the face plate by the CD drive slots, no change.

- system seems to work in the morning after sitting overnight, but not after that. I will have to double check it after I get out of work today since this is the first day that I can have it sit while I am not starting it since I'm at work.

- when I purchased the car, I knew this was an issue with it. When checking out the car, the system did boot up succesfully once, and everything worked fine, but this morning when I drove to work, the system was up, but there was no audio coming out, no matter how loud I turned the knob, the knob did however register pressing as it did turn the mute icon on and off. (I did not try turning audio up through steering wheel controls)

What would be my next "diagnostic" step here? Should I attempt to find a new navigation disc? Should I be looking at replacing the CCC unit? Maybe repair?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2019, 05:52 AM
New Members

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, premium package, 6sp manual, cold package, navigation package.
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by JustDutch
Hello. I am new to the forum, and this issue has been racking my brain for the last 2 days. I just picked up a 04 (54 plate) 535d on Saturday and my CCC (iDrive) seems to be stuck in the boot loop. I have searched on several different places, and have tried several things with no real results. I am just looking for some advice on what I can try next, or what my next steps are to properly diagnose the issue before I start throwing parts and money at it.

- CCC stuck in boot loop

- disconnected MULF module AND disabled bluetooth in the software, no change

- removed Sat Nav disk, no change

- performed 3 button reset, no change

- tried applying pressure to different areas on the face plate by the CD drive slots, no change.

- system seems to work in the morning after sitting overnight, but not after that. I will have to double check it after I get out of work today since this is the first day that I can have it sit while I am not starting it since I'm at work.

- when I purchased the car, I knew this was an issue with it. When checking out the car, the system did boot up succesfully once, and everything worked fine, but this morning when I drove to work, the system was up, but there was no audio coming out, no matter how loud I turned the knob, the knob did however register pressing as it did turn the mute icon on and off. (I did not try turning audio up through steering wheel controls)

What would be my next "diagnostic" step here? Should I attempt to find a new navigation disc? Should I be looking at replacing the CCC unit? Maybe repair?

Thanks in advance!
Replace CCC with refurbished CCC (new units no longer made) or with android unit. Mine is in the same state as yours, but since I can still use it when it is cold, I use a separate Navigation system when the CCC fails, so I am not going to replace my unit.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:12 AM
New Members

My Ride: 04 BMW 535d M Sport

Originally Posted by FormerE30Owner
Replace CCC with refurbished CCC (new units no longer made) or with android unit. Mine is in the same state as yours, but since I can still use it when it is cold, I use a separate Navigation system when the CCC fails, so I am not going to replace my unit.
Thank you for the reply. I actually found someone that does a refurbishment for 250 pounds which includes a 1 year warranty as well as software upgrade. I think I may just go that route.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i
Model Year: 2008

Sounds like your CCC is overheating. Check to see if the cooling fan on the back of the computer works or is clogged with dust.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:42 PM

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i
Default CCC stuck in boot loop response

Happened to me a few years ago. Forever loop, works sometimes, then eventually just dies. Used a little bluetooth speaker for music for some time lol. The problem isnt the monitor screen, its the CPU unit, behind the panel where the CD/DVD player area is. I went to my local junkyard and ripped one out of a 6 series and replaced the one in my 5 series and viola, back to normal! The only real work is removing your panel, a few screws, and the plugs. 15 min job, if your handy. Youtube vids on how to replace with ease. Unit cost me about $30 or so at junk yard. That was about 2 years ago and now its doing it again. I guess back to the junk yard i go, tomorrow. Godspeed.