E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CCC Navigation& Usb

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 LCI 535SE Auto,Mtech Bodykit and Rear Spoiler, Blufin Chipped, 124 alloys,Space grey, Folding Mirrors, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Pro nav, Bluetooth,Logic 7,Comfort access, USB, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, Acoustic Solutions DAB, love my car! Retired-2003 530SE, 124 alloys,Titan silver, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Business nav, Mtech Bodykit & Rear Spoiler,-petrol with LPG

Just spent most of yesterday going thru the CCC to CIC retrofit writeups- hats off to all involved, esp Patryk. Anyway- to question, the reason I started a new thread rather than continue existing hopefully will become apparent, moderators feel free to move. Back to question- I cant at present or in the near future afford this retrofit(CCC->CIC), but wondered if there is a viable(ie cheaper) alternative- I have USB port for music, and those who dont could retrofit, can the software be modified to look for the map info on a USB stick(faster access, etc than DVD)- would address most of the issues with the old CCC system, without the work etc. What op system does the CCC use, any software engineers, programmers fancy taking a look into this? I'm certain if someone did, I'm certain it would be of intreast to many for a reasonable sum.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

I would think if it were possible some one would have done it by now, so no it`s not im afraid.

I cant afford the CIC either but I changed my CCC to a 2008 LCI CCC and theres a small noticeable difference in speed, mine boots up straight away, theres no lag when changing menus and picks up my iPhone straight away too.
Maps load a bit faster as well plus the icing on the cake is I have the LCI controller so no damn haptic feedback.

I just noticed your sig, you don`t have a CCC but a M-ask instead as you have the really awful business nav.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 LCI 535SE Auto,Mtech Bodykit and Rear Spoiler, Blufin Chipped, 124 alloys,Space grey, Folding Mirrors, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Pro nav, Bluetooth,Logic 7,Comfort access, USB, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, Acoustic Solutions DAB, love my car! Retired-2003 530SE, 124 alloys,Titan silver, Black leather, Adaptive headlights, Business nav, Mtech Bodykit & Rear Spoiler,-petrol with LPG

Originally Posted by BLooD
I would think if it were possible some one would have done it by now, so no it`s not im afraid.

I cant afford the CIC either but I changed my CCC to a 2008 LCI CCC and theres a small noticeable difference in speed, mine boots up straight away, theres no lag when changing menus and picks up my iPhone straight away too.
Maps load a bit faster as well plus the icing on the cake is I have the LCI controller so no damn haptic feedback.

I just noticed your sig, you don`t have a CCC but a M-ask instead as you have the really awful business nav.

Sorry- i need to update my sig, recently changed (hence now no money!), now have 2007 LCI 535 diesel with Pro nav, I agree this is definately an improvement on old business nav I had, but seems to suffer more from lag when imputting address for destination, but also seems to access disc a lot more, I assume this is due to needing the detail for the map images, this is why I was wondering about the usb side. If the usb route is not a viable one, I'll have to look tochanging to CIC in the future, I have bought this car for the long term all being well.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Members

Sig done!