E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CCC fault codes, advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 01:46 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CCC fault codes, advice needed

Dear colleagues,

Few hours ago I retrofitted a CCC module in my car which had Business Navi.

In regards to the retrofit I have one question, as my new CCC has its old VIN number because I didn't try to change it, anyway the question is: What and how I would benefit from changing the VIN, or it is just nice to have?

Regarding the errors in the MOST-Gateway-CCC module I have two:
1. A177 - External fan No function - I'm guessing that this is connected to the fan which is located on the back of the CCC unit, but I did the wiring and after getting the CCC hot enough (around 50 degrees), using the heater, the fan was working fine, but still this error occurs all the time. For few minutes it got a counter of 30 times
2. A174 - Connection SPI - MOST Transc. N0K - I have no idea what so ever, can someone explain this error?

P.S. For those who are interested I will give more details around the retrofit. I've got a good bargain for the CCC module and i bought it, but only the module, the 8.8" screen and the iDrive controller (high version) wasn't in the deal, so I went installing only the CCC unit. Everything works like a charm even without any coding, but I did change the VO afterwards, but as I mentioned above, the VIN change wasn't perform, yet.

Codding needed for making the CCC to resize the picture in order to fit in 6.5" inch display:
1. GHOST module:
  • CCC_CID - changing from CID_HIGH to CID_LOW
  • DISPLAY_TYPE - changing from SIEMENS_8_8_FIXED_NEW to ALPINE_SHARP_6_5_fixed
2. CAPPL module:
  • CCC_CID - changing from CID_HIGH to CID_LOW

After the above coding is done I restarted the CCC from INPA and all changes were applied.

Here is the end result:

Thank you!

Last edited by bobbyggx; 10-26-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I had non nav and converted to nav I had to code in $609 but initially most of the things worked because of the previous nav owner. I only lost my iPod and sat radio. After coding I was able to turn these back on. In your case you already had business nav so this may already had the $609 in the VO.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:33 AM
New Members

As I mentioned the VO was changed from $606 (Business Navigation) to $609 (Professional Navigation).

I'm concerned about the listed above fault codes, because I don't want to overheat the CCC unit.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Ah ok, I didn't see where you said you coded in $609, only updated the VO... Wasn't sure, I'm not sure how deeply linked the VIN and the VO are. Why don't you go ahead and add it and see if it corrects the issue? Did the business unit have the fan? I'm thinking it didn't, but I know of at least one person where the fan cable was already in place. I looked in my service manuals but could not find anything on those two codes.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:41 AM
New Members

Yes the MASK unit has a fan but it is wired internaly. I will test with updating the VIN, but I doubt that would be the problem, as it appears only when the unit needs additional cooling, e.g. if i start thr car in the morning until the CCC reache 45 or more degrees ther is no fault, but after that it starts appearing no matter that the fan is working (I can actually hear it).
Old 10-29-2013, 11:05 AM
New Members

Guys, another thing I noticed is the changing start of the CCC module.

Some times when I turn off the car and then turn it ON the CCC is booting (starting over, showing the BMW splash screen), but sometimes it just starts from where it was the last time (the radio for example, no splash screen).

For example last night I turned off the car and in the morning when I started the car the CCC started playing the song from last night straight ahead (no hesitation), but this is a rear case, most of the times when I start the car I'm getting the CCC boot logo and I'm waiting 5 second (roughly) for the system to load up, but this doesn't appears only in the mornings (the first start of the car for the day), also if I turn of the car and in 1-2-5-10 minutes start it again the CCC is booting from scratch, sometimes it starts immediately as I never turned the car off.
Is it normal?