E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

This Car Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Thanks for sharing....makes me realize how good it will be when the wait is over.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Nice heart warming story just in time for Xmas...

I was a little nervous reading your post thinking that you're about to say something terrible happened....etc....

wheewwwwwwww haha

and yes, I feel the same way about my car.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Welcome to the world of BMW.ENJOY
cheers
vern
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Contributors

I often feel the same exact way except not as much power in reserve under my right foot.

In this car at least.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

I know the feeling after after a 900 km ride, without any gas stop

Just sitting in the comfort chair and drive the car with it's wonderful sports steering wheel, playing a consert CD, and let the show begin in the Logic 7!

This car rocks!!

I'm in the search after some screens for the headrest, so the backseats passengers will love it as much as the driver
Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

Drove to florida about 2 weeks ago (1500 miles).I know your exact feelings and for these reasons, Im a BMW man for life.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

agree, this car rocks.. its smooth, powerful and sporty... 50% of the time I have the radio off just to hear the engine make a simphony with the exhaust..broom... just sounds perfect ..and of course sometimes it asks me to press a little ...
Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by PKandCK' post='208706' date='Dec 8 2005, 11:02 AM
and I had just left a gathering at a pub. We had made our own beer and was in the process of bottling it. I loaded my share in the trunk of my car and began the trip back home. The microbrewery was in a part of the city that I was unfamilar with, so I punch in my home address in the Nav and I am efficiently guided to the nearest freeway on ramp. It is late and there is very little traffic. I have about a 30 mile ride all freeway to look forward to. Temperature outside is low 40's but the temperature in the car is a very comfortable 70 degrees. This car is really taking care of me... Anyway I get to the freeway on ramp and decide that it would be great fun to really merge quickly... Before I know it, I am doing 100 mph. I check over my left shoulder, check my mirrors and there is no one in sight.... a beautiful thing! I complete the merge, head for the number two lane and set the cruise for 85 mph... I've got Fleetwood Mac playing in the CD and the tunes turned up pretty high (Logic 7) its as though I was in the recording studio with them! The 545 is cruising with barely a ripple. The wipers occasionally sweep the windshield when the light rain accumulates on it. I am surrounded by an atmosphere of total security, serenity and joy. I am truly loving this car. Amazingly no one gets in my way, or slows me down. It is clear sailing all the way home. As I am driving I begin to really appreciate how wonderful these cars are. No vibration, no wind noise, smooth ride, great sound from the stereo and total confidence in the handling with engine power to spare. It was such a wonderful drive home that when I finally pulled the car into the garage I just sat in it and let the CD I was listening to comlete! Just thought I would share or try to put into words such an indescribable experience!
What a pleasant read. I can understand exactly what you were feeling.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Had my wife with me on a 1200 mile round trip to PC in Spartanburg, SC. Was able to sneak in 95 mph on some stretches without her coming unglued. There is absolutely no hint of issues. Just had to slow down around traffic so she would not notice the difference in our speed versus the others. It is really a relaxed drive at any speed.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

My first BMW and I absolutely love it! I received my car less than 2 months ago and already drove 3000 miles. I have a 525i and couldn't imagine the experience in the 545... enjoy it!
hey, it's on my wish list

Quick Reply: This Car Rocks!