E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

This Car Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Orient Blue, Auburn Int. Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 , Nav... European Delivery 3/21/05 Redelivery 6/1/05.

and I had just left a gathering at a pub. We had made our own beer and was in the process of bottling it. I loaded my share in the trunk of my car and began the trip back home. The microbrewery was in a part of the city that I was unfamilar with, so I punch in my home address in the Nav and I am efficiently guided to the nearest freeway on ramp. It is late and there is very little traffic. I have about a 30 mile ride all freeway to look forward to. Temperature outside is low 40's but the temperature in the car is a very comfortable 70 degrees. This car is really taking care of me... Anyway I get to the freeway on ramp and decide that it would be great fun to really merge quickly... Before I know it, I am doing 100 mph. I check over my left shoulder, check my mirrors and there is no one in sight.... a beautiful thing! I complete the merge, head for the number two lane and set the cruise for 85 mph... I've got Fleetwood Mac playing in the CD and the tunes turned up pretty high (Logic 7) its as though I was in the recording studio with them! The 545 is cruising with barely a ripple. The wipers occasionally sweep the windshield when the light rain accumulates on it. I am surrounded by an atmosphere of total security, serenity and joy. I am truly loving this car. Amazingly no one gets in my way, or slows me down. It is clear sailing all the way home. As I am driving I begin to really appreciate how wonderful these cars are. No vibration, no wind noise, smooth ride, great sound from the stereo and total confidence in the handling with engine power to spare. It was such a wonderful drive home that when I finally pulled the car into the garage I just sat in it and let the CD I was listening to comlete! Just thought I would share or try to put into words such an indescribable experience!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Originally Posted by PKandCK' post='208706' date='Dec 8 2005, 05:02 PM
and I had just left a gathering at a pub. We had made our own beer and was in the process of bottling it. I loaded my share in the trunk of my car and began the trip back home. The microbrewery was in a part of the city that I was unfamilar with, so I punch in my home address in the Nav and I am efficiently guided to the nearest freeway on ramp. It is late and there is very little traffic. I have about a 30 mile ride all freeway to look forward to. Temperature outside is low 40's but the temperature in the car is a very comfortable 70 degrees. This car is really taking care of me... Anyway I get to the freeway on ramp and decide that it would be great fun to really merge quickly... Before I know it, I am doing 100 mph. I check over my left shoulder, check my mirrors and there is no one in sight.... a beautiful thing! I complete the merge, head for the number two lane and set the cruise for 85 mph... I've got Fleetwood Mac playing in the CD and the tunes turned up pretty high (Logic 7) its as though I was in the recording studio with them! The 545 is cruising with barely a ripple. The wipers occasionally sweep the windshield when the light rain accumulates on it. I am surrounded by an atmosphere of total security, serenity and joy. I am truly loving this car. Amazingly no one gets in my way, or slows me down. It is clear sailing all the way home. As I am driving I begin to really appreciate how wonderful these cars are. No vibration, no wind noise, smooth ride, great sound from the stereo and total confidence in the handling with engine power to spare. It was such a wonderful drive home that when I finally pulled the car into the garage I just sat in it and let the CD I was listening to comlete! Just thought I would share or try to put into words such an indescribable experience!
feel the same way with mine.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Old 12-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

The BMW is an excellent car. I can't find words for how brilliant it is!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

yep....i agree on the quiet part. Sometimes if you do not keep your eyes on the speedometer you'll notice yourself slipping into triple digit speeds before you even know it
Old 12-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PKandCK' post='208706' date='Dec 8 2005, 05:02 PM

Yes!!!! It is a fantastic car!!!! I had the E28, E34, E39 before and I must say that there is no comparison. I have the 530d Touring and I feel the same as you feel...I never want to go out of the car, I try to go a longer way home...
Old 12-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Great story

I'm a proud owner too
Old 12-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='208731' date='Dec 8 2005, 05:34 PM
yep....i agree on the quiet part. Sometimes if you do not keep your eyes on the speedometer you'll notice yourself slipping into triple digit speeds before you even know it

Like this?
Attached Thumbnails This Car Rocks!-speedometer.jpg  
Old 12-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I feel exactly the same
Old 12-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

The simple pleasures in life...

Quick Reply: This Car Rocks!