E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car Ran Like Crap in Idle and while Driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh by the way M cars dont need a "racing blend" they simply use a higher weighted oil due to the speed of moving parts which will likely decrease as they go turbo as you can see by the listing for the ALpina bmw cars that use superchargers.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond
ya asking the dealer parts guy or service rep is really reliable information-----hey by all means use whatever you want but know that you are not using oil up to bmw spec. And I PROMISE you your BMW dealer is not using castrol U.S syntec oil---all dealers use bmw/castrol oil. You are either lying or your dealer doesnt know what oil they use.

GOod job all-star way to save 25 bucks on a DIY oil change and trash your engine
Hey Diamond,

I would not go around and call people liars without ANY concrete basis. The guy called the dealer and that is what they told him. Also, I assume the dealer buys oil in bulk which means they will probably get it somewhere here in the US vs. importing it from Germany. Think about the cost of shipping alone. And if we use your logic, maybe we should all be buying German gasoline for our cars too?

I always have a lot of respect for people that attempt to service their own cars. Veight is one of these people. Many members on this form could learn a lot more if the information would be shared and not immediately bashed.

PS What happen to the question I asked you about the TPM sensors in another forum where you advertised a price of "21 bucks each"? Who is the vendor? Or maybe that was a lie?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Members

Oh by the way M cars dont need a "racing blend" they simply use a higher weighted oil due to the speed of moving parts which will likely decrease as they go turbo as you can see by the listing for the ALpina bmw cars that use superchargers.

You are obviously not a mechanical engineer.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by StasGS4

Car Ran Like Crap in Idle and while Driving-diamond.jpg
Old 09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

nor are you. Higher weight gives you more protection from pieces moving at 8k rpms-once they go TT and the reline is at 6500, they will not need the protection that old M cars needed due to the lower friction of lower RPM's. My point of comparison was to look at the alpina cars putting out M power with superchargers and lower RPM's-they use the same weight oil as non-m cars

And again, NO dealer uses non-bmw oil. You kidding me? you think they buy in bulk oil that does not meet their own specifications? ya I am sure that is how it is done

And by your logic, you are illiterate. U.S gasoline meets the requirements of the bmw recomendations while the oils in dicussion do NOT meet the requirement. Also I didnt say it had to be german oil-it just has ot be one listed by mw which includes mobil 1, valveoline-as long as they are the ones listed. So your point is completely useless--but good try to sound smart

by the way the TPM sensors changed out at each tire change are from discount tire. It is not the actual tpm machine-it is the sensor that is 20 bucks
Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Members

nor are you. Higher weight gives you more protection from pieces moving at 8k rpms-once they go TT and the reline is at 6500, they will not need the protection that old M cars needed due to the lower friction of lower RPM's. My point of comparison was to look at the alpina cars putting out M power with superchargers and lower RPM's-they use the same weight oil as non-m cars

And again, NO dealer uses non-bmw oil. You kidding me? you think they buy in bulk oil that does not meet their own specifications? ya I am sure that is how it is done

And by your logic, you are illiterate. U.S gasoline meets the requirements of the bmw recomendations while the oils in dicussion do NOT meet the requirement. Also I didnt say it had to be german oil-it just has ot be one listed by mw which includes mobil 1, valveoline-as long as they are the ones listed. So your point is completely useless--but good try to sound smart

by the way the TPM sensors changed out at each tire change are from discount tire. It is not the actual tpm machine-it is the sensor that is 20 bucks

What is the "tpm machine"? Once again, mechanics was not your favorite subjects in school. Maybe you should go back to other topic on the internet where you may sound more intelligent. Good luck to you!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

What is the "tpm machine"? Once again, mechanics was not your favorite subjects in school. Maybe you should go back to other topic on the internet where you may sound more intelligent. Good luck to you!
dude I am quoted a guy in the thread who asked about this piece-the tpm CPU or machine or computer-you want to tell me the definition of a machine--there you go the TPM system is indeed a machine. Nonetheless it was an answer to another topic.

You really seem to know your stuff though--amazing with you saying nothing you act like you know something haha

I know it sucks to be going bald, especially when you are as young as you are-try some rogaine, it wont work but youll feel like you are doing something.. gluck
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

I just pay the dealer and have no worries!!! You try and save a buck and end up spending MORE!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530d M Sport Automatic, Le Mans Edition.Le Mans Blue Individual Paint Special, Syrah Blue Individual Leather, Piano Black Individual Interior Trim, Front seat heating,M Double Spoke 172 19

First of all,my comments here are specific to Castrol UK oils.Castrol Edge 5W-30 is a BMW Approved LL-04 Specification oil ,which has superceded LL-01 in regions other than the USA (mainly due to USA gasoline specifications).Over a dozen Castrol formulations meet the BMW LL-04 spec.here in the UK !

Regarding the comment that your engine is now at risk ( rather an alarmist statement!),if I were you, I would ignore the idrive oil change mileage (19,000 miles on my 530d) and change your oil at a maximum of 12 months or 10,000 miles.These newer spec. oils are designed for the extended drain periods (up to 2 years).Even though I use LL-04 spec.oil,I still change my oil every 12 months or sooner.Let common sense prevail !
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Hey Diamond,

I would not go around and call people liars without ANY concrete basis. The guy called the dealer and that is what they told him. Also, I assume the dealer buys oil in bulk which means they will probably get it somewhere here in the US vs. importing it from Germany. Think about the cost of shipping alone. And if we use your logic, maybe we should all be buying German gasoline for our cars too?

I always have a lot of respect for people that attempt to service their own cars. Veight is one of these people. Many members on this form could learn a lot more if the information would be shared and not immediately bashed.

PS What happen to the question I asked you about the TPM sensors in another forum where you advertised a price of "21 bucks each"? Who is the vendor? Or maybe that was a lie?

I stopped commenting to Diamond when I finally realized who she is.

Lol