E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CAR A/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='884435' date='May 20 2009, 11:59 AM
I'd still like to know how the sofa comes into it.
this statement is for people with none leather cars. PLUS, if some people have BMWs, doesnt mean their wives or children or friends have one. So again, this info is for everyone, not only for BMW drivers. Not all cars have advanced and sophisticated A/Cs like BMW has.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='884085' date='May 20 2009, 12:57 AM
The ridiculous things people find to worry about. Never ceases to amaze me. Everyone with an IQ over 100 needs to band together to stop the forwarding of urban legends.
I dont know if this statement is directed towards me or not, but i took it offensively. I am a civil engineer and doing me Graduate studies in Construction Management. So I doubt I have an IQ lesser than 100.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='886393' date='May 22 2009, 03:51 AM
I dont know if this statement is directed towards me or not, but i took it offensively. I am a civil engineer and doing me Graduate studies in Construction Management. So I doubt I have an IQ lesser than 100.
Engineers are taught to approach problems with reason and be skeptical in any assertions. What evidence is there of the original statement? Why would you believe it without evidence?
Old 05-22-2009, 03:25 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='886383' date='May 22 2009, 05:42 AM
Thanks a lot bro. Glad to know someone has my back
Comments like the others will let me post less info and become more of a reader rather than a poster
Hey, Bteljuice, don't let anything stop you from posting. This is an exchange of ideas and opinions, and yours are just as valuable as anyone's. Just because others disagree is no reason not to express your thoughts. Try not to be offended by douchebags--most just don't know any better.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Contributors

1- Before posting this, I thoroughly did some research about it and got bits and pieces of the email. I did not find the entire article but did find that 100% of what is said is true.
2- I did ask my ex Chemistry Dr, who explained to me about those gases and where they came from ( No I did not record what he was saying for evidence)

So please, if you have any doubts, go check and do your own research for evidence, as I am convinced (which is the reason I posted it), just please, never offend my intelligence.

If I believed every Forward I get, i would have had 1000s of threads. However, what my father forwards me, I DO BELIEVE IT BLINDFOLDED.

NB: My father is the GM of a major construction company in Saudi Arabia ( B.E Electrical Engineer, M.Eng in Electro-mechanical Engineering). Again, please people, have some respect and manners, and use some mouthwash before offending people.

This the last time I will demean myself and answer stupid comments. "Never try to have a stupidity battle with morons, they'll always win you over with their stupidity"
Old 05-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Contributors

Thx CWS, yeah, im not gonna answer anymore as I will be sinking lower to their level.
Thanks for the extra hand
Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='886437' date='May 22 2009, 04:55 AM
1- Before posting this, I thoroughly did some research about it and got bits and pieces of the email. I did not find the entire article but did find that 100% of what is said is true.
2- I did ask my ex Chemistry Dr, who explained to me about those gases and where they came from ( No I did not record what he was saying for evidence)

So please, if you have any doubts, go check and do your own research for evidence, as I am convinced (which is the reason I posted it), just please, never offend my intelligence.

If I believed every Forward I get, i would have had 1000s of threads. However, what my father forwards me, I DO BELIEVE IT BLINDFOLDED.

NB: My father is the GM of a major construction company in Saudi Arabia ( B.E Electrical Engineer, M.Eng in Electro-mechanical Engineering). Again, please people, have some respect and manners, and use some mouthwash before offending people.

This the last time I will demean myself and answer stupid comments. "Never try to have a stupidity battle with morons, they'll always win you over with their stupidity"
Bteljuice, I'm not prepared to believe something like the original claim without seeing evidence and sources. What kind of person would I be if I did believe it just because someone said it? So if you want to post a link to evidence, then I would read it. I'm interested.

It's nice that you put the two points above, but they're not proof. If you're going to make a claim like this, you should expect skepticism and be prepared to back it up. What's wrong with that?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Contributors

http://www.benzene-lawyer.com/news/car-smell.html

http://www.eons.com/groups/topic/1635323-C...IS-TRUE-?page=1

http://www.naturez.org/car-dashboard-sofa-...xin-carcinogen/

http://blogs.siliconindia.com/ERPIncidentM...2P84290423.html

http://www.baldati.com/news/article.php?articleid=493

here you go vwvwvw, did a very very quick search and found a few articles and blogs. If you read some them, suprisingly, no body bashed and insulted the OP in each of the site. Contrary to this forum, everyone was pleased to learn something new and were very respectful.

Anyhow, seems this info is causing us friends( well, at least "so called friends" as it seems to be ) to have disrespectful comments.

So i kindly as everyone, stop posting anything. Just kindly read the article if you wish to. And if you wish not to believe anything, just close the window and move on. I'm not hear to pick fights and listen to disrespectful comments. I'm hear to learn, to get some knowledge and have some fun and a few laughs with the guys Just rememeber guys, we are family hear, we re hear to help each other out. (JEEESHHH, I sound like Ghandi hahahaha)
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='886775' date='May 22 2009, 09:12 PM
According to that one, the smells subside when the car reaches 6 months old. Yaay me and my 2004'er

Try not to take the negative replies personally. Post anything controversial and you'll get them. You just need to ignore them. You've posted the info, those that want to take it on-board will. Those that need more proof will go look for it. Those that thing it's nonsense won't hold back in saying so. It's the nature of the (forum) beast.

I posted something a few months back advising people to avoid leaving their license/registration number visible on images they post to forums because (in the UK at least) criminals were found to be scanning forums looking for a certain car colour/model and noting down the registration/licence number and having plates made up. Then when they committed a crime, they put the fake "but valid" plates on and made their getaway. The cameras all over the UK that scan license plates were looking for stolen cars, not the perfectly valid and not-stolen ones they'd put on. I expected people on the forum to just say thanks, good to know, I'll take it into account. Instead there was dozens of replies about how they won't get told whether they can show or hide their plates and aren't going to worry about shit like that. You just have to say "whatever!" and ignore it.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Taking notes, thanks bro

Quick Reply: CAR A/C