E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CAN ANYONE HELP? Re: squeaking comfort seat (driver side)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='645554' date='Aug 13 2008, 12:36 AM
Subscribed. I have the same creaking in my 06 550 that has standard sport seats.
Stick to the back seats with that stuff buddy
Old 09-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did anyone find a resolution to this seat squeak issue?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 550isport
Its so easy to overlook the good, and focus on the bad, but....not one day has passed since 2006 when I don't curse my squeaking seat. A better word to describe it is actually creaking, as if the seat has arthritis. I've tried to isolate it unsuccessfully. I'm 6'6" 220 and the articulated back rest is always fully forward. The sound seems to be originating from the area where the seat back connects with the seat bottom on the right. The left seems completely quiet. And I often rest my right elbow on the armrest when getting in, and some of the creaking may be coming from the middle console (but only when getting in/out). When driving down the road, the littlest shifts in the seat cause the creaking. I think every person who has ever ridden in my car has thought, nice car, but why is the seat creaking like a 1992 Lincoln Towncar in a 1 yr. old $70k BMW with 15k mi on it?.

My dealer doesn't fix a problem unless its glaringly obvious. I can't quite fault them on this one. What are they to do? Replace the seat? They would try to shoot petroleum based lubricant blindly into the seat until it dripped out the bottom...really!

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any similar experience with the comfort driver's seat. This is by far the most annoying problem with my car. Its a great car, but this is a niggling problem. I'd drive to a dealership within a few hundred miles of my location (CT) if I heard they addressed this issue successfully.

Thanks for any help
DRP

Man, as soon as I read your post, i felt like i wrote that myself, what an annoyance, coming from the right side, right under the plastic cover...

Its driving me crazy, i took it to my mecanic and they said its bushings worn, you cant get the bushings from bmw neither, you basicly have to replace the hole seat!!! 1300$ plus install...

This car is really starting to piss me off, always something, thermal fan, seat heater and the list goes on...
Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I had a similar noise that I found to be the seat belt buckle. It sounded like it was actually coming from somewhere else... I ended up placing a small piece of black velco on the buckle area that was in contact with the seat and that took care of my noise. It seat does make a little noise when it auto adjusts to the setting. Mainly in the area of the bolsters. When it's finshed the cycle, all is ok.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I had a similar noise that I found to be the seat belt buckle. It sounded like it was actually coming from somewhere else... I ended up placing a small piece of black velco on the buckle area that was in contact with the seat and that took care of my noise. It seat does make a little noise when it auto adjusts to the setting. Mainly in the area of the bolsters. When it's finshed the cycle, all is ok.
I touuk care of that one too, its deeper then that...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by tonyb635
+1 Yep, this noise is annoying.