E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Perfromance Center

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

I'm just back from a couple days at the BMW Perfromance Center in South Carolina... I took the 2 day perfromance driving class and my 16 year old took the 2 day new drivers class. We both had a ball- learned alot about vehicle dynamics and real world driving- but mostly spent 80% of teh time in almost new cars really driving hard. The last day I got to drive M5, M6, M-Coupe, Z-Roadster, 750il and the new truly impressive 335i- all flat out on the autocross course. My car assigned for the bulk of the 2 days was a 650ci with SMG. We truly drove hard and were encouraged to work these cars to our limit (rarely could you find theirs) and the facility and instructors are fantastic. Best $1k I've ever spent!

Here's a link ==> http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/perfor...nter/facilities

Promise I get no commission, and I've decided to budget yearly attendance- See you at M-school next.

TAJARO

Old 06-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TAJARO' post='441610' date='Jun 29 2007, 08:34 PM
I'm just back from a couple days at the BMW Perfromance Center in South Carolina... I took the 2 day perfromance driving class and my 16 year old took the 2 day new drivers class. We both had a ball- learned alot about vehicle dynamics and real world driving- but mostly spent 80% of teh time in almost new cars really driving hard. The last day I got to drive M5, M6, M-Coupe, Z-Roadster, 750il and the new truly impressive 335i- all flat out on the autocross course. My car assigned for the bulk of the 2 days was a 650ci with SMG. We truly drove hard and were encouraged to work these cars to our limit (rarely could you find theirs) and the facility and instructors are fantastic. Best $1k I've ever spent!

Promise I get no commission, and I've decided to budget yearly attendance- See you at M-school next.

TAJARO

Great to hear...I smell a good Christmas present.....
Old 06-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by TAJARO' post='441610' date='Jun 29 2007, 08:34 PM

TAJARO

I just told my wife 2 days ago I want to go. I'm going to look into it. Do you have further info, hotel you stood in and is it possible to request a specific car or do they assign one to you?

Thanks Rick...
Old 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by TAJARO' post='441610' date='Jun 30 2007, 03:34 AM
The last day I got to drive M5, M6, M-Coupe, Z-Roadster, 750il and the new truly impressive 335i- all flat out on the autocross course. My car assigned for the bulk of the 2 days was a 650ci with SMG.
TAJARO