E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Performance Driving School in New England

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I am looking for a daytime driving school offered by BMW in New England, does anyone know of a location? I could sworn I read about one on this forum, but I could not find any postings in the search.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 11-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

You won't find anything from BMW. The schools in Spartanburg are great (I did the M-School in May) and it's worth the trip.

You might look into joining the BMW Club and trying one of the Club driver schools which are also very very good. You can join at http://www.bmwcca.org and if you wish, you can use my membership number, 36024, as referrer.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

If you can't make it to Spartanburg, you can always check out Skip Barber's school which operates out of Lime Rock in Connecticut and they also use NHIS as one of their tracks. They used to be affiliated with BMW but I don't think they are anymore. Either way, as JSpira points out, if you become a memeber of the BMW CCA and get active with your local chapter, you're likely to find events that might even take place at Lime Rock (or other local tracks...)

Good luck!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='494682' date='Nov 15 2007, 12:33 PM
If you can't make it to Spartanburg, you can always check out Skip Barber's school which operates out of Lime Rock in Connecticut. They used to be affiliated with BMW but I don't think they are anymore. Either way, as JSpira points out, if you become a memeber of the BMW CCA and get active with your local chapter, you're likely to find events that might even take place at Lime Rock (or other local tracks...)

Good luck!
BMW did make a new deal with Skip but I don't think it's for the school. In fact I'm pretty sure they use Mazdas.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='494682' date='Nov 15 2007, 12:33 PM
If you can't make it to Spartanburg, you can always check out Skip Barber's school which operates out of Lime Rock in Connecticut and they also use NHIS as one of their tracks. They used to be affiliated with BMW but I don't think they are anymore. Either way, as JSpira points out, if you become a memeber of the BMW CCA and get active with your local chapter, you're likely to find events that might even take place at Lime Rock (or other local tracks...)

Good luck!
Thanks Rudy! I think the one in CT that you referred to is the one I have heard of, so I will check it out!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Members

I've tracked my car at Limerock park with the Connecticut Valley Chapter of BMWCCA. It was a blast! I think they have made some changes to the program though that make it harder for the average Joe to drive. Check out their website at www.ctvalley.org for more info.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Invest the money and time and go to Spartanburg. 1-day, 2-day, M-school--they are all terrific. I took the 2-day and they gave us M3's on the second day anyway--told us not to tell anyone! I'm an old f@rt and even I learned an awful lot.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='494679' date='Nov 15 2007, 12:28 PM
I did the M-School in May
In your opinion is the M-School worth it if you're "just kind of OK" driving a manual? I'm not a total slouch, but to me 'heel toe' is some sort of country line dance.

The M-School sounds like a real blast, and a great chance to learn a lot, but I don't want to waste my time or the instructor's if I just end up stalling out all the time.

OK, I'm not THAT bad... but the last manual I had was a '90 Accord.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bdkinnh' post='494906' date='Nov 15 2007, 06:35 PM
In your opinion is the M-School worth it if you're "just kind of OK" driving a manual? I'm not a total slouch, but to me 'heel toe' is some sort of country line dance.

The M-School sounds like a real blast, and a great chance to learn a lot, but I don't want to waste my time or the instructor's if I just end up stalling out all the time.

OK, I'm not THAT bad... but the last manual I had was a '90 Accord.
I would suggest the two-day car control school first if you haven?t done other schools, incl. bmw cca schools, first.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='494962' date='Nov 15 2007, 08:45 PM
I would suggest the two-day car control school first if you haven?t done other schools, incl. bmw cca schools, first.
I've done the two day "Performance Driving" class (which they're now calling "Car Control" school) in SC - is that the one you mean? No manuals there when I took it - just 330i automatics.

Quick Reply: BMW Performance Driving School in New England