E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Navigation DVD

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Andy, how much did you pay for the mirror and the voicerecognition.. Just want to have an idea how much it's gonna cost me (yes I know it will be more expensive to retrofit booohoooo )
btw your car has awesome specs.. exactly how I would have it if I had 545 budget

TIA Dennis

edit: found the price for the interior mirror for 313 euro's. That is acceptable for me!
Old 08-01-2004, 11:50 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 1 2004, 02:03 PM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Aug 1 2004, 02:16 PM'] I just showed the english lady to my wife... she feels much better now she has seen her!!? ? ? ? ?

This is the best one I have seen here so far!!! How on earth did you find this!???
Now you know why I posted the pictures before the article.

I wanted to scare everyone into reading it!! [/quote]
I showed it to Barbara. She is much more receptive to NAV lady now, albeit she had already agreed that NAV lady knew her business. Thanks again, Rudy.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This shows almost all our wifes are the same

Gotta love em!
Old 08-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Contributors

The North American Nav DVDs came with my car. They were included with a package that contained the owners manual and BMW intro DVD. I was also able to get free use of the European DVD while picking up my car through European delivery.

I had to order the Euro DVD from Nav Tech before the trip and bring them with to Europe. Nav Tech's policy is to accept returns within 30 days for a full refund. I'm not sure how they make any money doing this but true to their word, I received a full refund after returning the Euro DVD.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

It wasn't much Dennis, but don't know how voice is retrofitted - I guess if you
have bluetooth, voice should technically be possible... the mirror remote should be
easy to retrofit.
You know how BMW is...option availability is always staggered..might take almost 18-24 months before all of the option range is available. Take the new sports package M5 lookalike, to be available in OCT 04, I mean, that just hurts !!
It was the same with my E46 328i... that's why I waited 15 months before ordering
so at least more options would be available and most bugs fixed.

BTW, got a reply from the guy in Germany - he is sending me a DVD Europe Map
Pro 2004-2 !! Seek and thy shall find my Son...!!

Also found a nice site with BMW replica alloy wheels from a manafacturer in
Italy...might use them for my future winter set ... www.wielcompleet.nl
check it out.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Contributors

Can you give me an idea how much not much is?? 1000 euros is not too much for me.. 2000 is...

I've got 1500 euros burning in my pocket and defenately want the mirror so 1200 is there for voice recognition..

Gonna check the wheelsite.. thanks for the tip!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Contributors

...according to my paperwork : option 620 Left Hand Drive 545i in combination with 609 and advanced airco : 0,-

voice preparation on other models 293,- euros

BTW have you already paid for your DVD map europe pro ??
Old 08-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Aug 1 2004, 02:47 PM
...according to my paperwork : option 620 Left Hand Drive 545i in combination with 609 and advanced airco : 0,-

voice preparation on other models 293,- euros

BTW have you already paid for your DVD map europe pro ??
Not paid but i did order it... why.. do you think I should cancel it because I can get it cheaper??? Do you have a contact
Old 08-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Maybe 620 is just a software thing and a button on the console... I hope so. If not I will live without it.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Contributors

I think your right on the 620 option... don't forget you still have the "voice button"
on the steering wheel...so must be a software thing. Since you have the communications ie. microphone and telephone - should be possible.

When I get the DVD in my hands and it works...I will "lend" it to you
will you have the car this month?

Quick Reply: BMW Navigation DVD