E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW E60 CCC DVD Drive removal and replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, thought id put up a DIY of how to remove and replace the DVD Drive from a 2005 CCC.
Not sure if there is already a DIY up or not but hey thought i might aswell post it and help fellow forum members out, its been a very long time since i have posted since my E60 got stolen last year. But still come visit to see how my fellow E60 buddies are doing.

Basically what happened is my mates E60 CCC fried up and was overheating as when hooked up on through DIS it came up with internal overheating problem.

Tried changing the fan in the back of the CCC with no luck, still overheating.

So he bought a used CCC off a breaker but the a$$holes CCC DVD Drive was faulty and would not read DVDs or CDs so the only other option was to remove the DVD from his and replace it with the other one as the other CCC was fine but DVD faulty.

Please see pictures for reference.

1) You disconnect the battery

2) You remove the CCC (please search the forum to see how you remove the CCC, Dash Trims)

3) Remove the front fascia ( black trim with the DVD CD and Eject button (two black hex screws holding them together)

4) Once the CCC is out you remove the top plate and you will see two small silver hex screws ( they are the two silver screws which you can see when looking into the CCC by looking into the CCC from the top.

5) After removing them screws you have two silver hex screws in the front of the CCC holding the DVD Drive. (Once removed just slide the DVD Drive out from the CCC, be carefull when removing not two pull too hard as you wil rip the cables)

6) Once the DVD Drive is out remove the cables ( one is a pop out cable while the other you have to unlatch the holder to the cable, also different CCC's have different types of latch as one of the CCC had a latch which popped up while the other had a slide off latch)

7) After that just swap over and work backwards on the steps above also be carefull with the cable when sliding the DVD Drive back in.

In my case I had to use NCS expert to code the new CCC back to my friends cars options using the VO off my mates car so im sure some of you guys know how to do that. I also changed the VIN on the used CCC to my mates VIN.

Anyways happy DIYing and message me if you need any help.
Attached Thumbnails BMW E60 CCC DVD Drive removal and replacement-20120915_152707.jpg   BMW E60 CCC DVD Drive removal and replacement-20120915_152712.jpg   BMW E60 CCC DVD Drive removal and replacement-20120915_153925.jpg   BMW E60 CCC DVD Drive removal and replacement-20120915_153930.jpg   BMW E60 CCC DVD Drive removal and replacement-20120915_153937.jpg  

BMW E60 CCC DVD Drive removal and replacement-20120915_153942.jpg  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:25 AM
New Members

Hi , Did you have to recode the car after replacing CCC? I am in a similar situation. My Idrive screen in black and dealer told me i need to replace my CCC and it would involve coding.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ankurg09
Hi , Did you have to recode the car after replacing CCC? I am in a similar situation. My Idrive screen in black and dealer told me i need to replace my CCC and it would involve coding.
Hi Ankur09, Yes it required coding with NCSexpert.

I used NCSExpert to load back to my friends settings by using the cars VO.

Everything took me about 45 minutes to do as i knew what i was doing.
Also I changed the VIN Number on the used CCC which he bought.

Best thing would be to buy a used CCC from a reputable breaker and then go from there. Make sure you dont find a breaker like my friend did as he was an ass because his DVD drive wasnt working hence why i changed it but the CCC itself was fine.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 AM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: stock e60

Originally Posted by delwarulislam
Hi Ankur09, Yes it required coding with NCSexpert.

I used NCSExpert to load back to my friends settings by using the cars VO.

Everything took me about 45 minutes to do as i knew what i was doing.
Also I changed the VIN Number on the used CCC which he bought.

Best thing would be to buy a used CCC from a reputable breaker and then go from there. Make sure you dont find a breaker like my friend did as he was an ass because his DVD drive wasnt working hence why i changed it but the CCC itself was fine.

would coding be required when replacing mask unit...for the vin that is
Old 02-15-2020, 03:28 AM
Probation Members

My Ride: Bmw e60
Default Dvd

Do i have to code anything if i replaced only dvd block? Ccc remains the same