E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW E60 5er LONG

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

BMW E60 5er LONG

said to be longer 10-15cm then standart version

it is the rear door that are longer

The article says it will be available by the end of this year and the main target customers are Arabian and Chinese market where 7er is just a too big. It will be produced in China. The Chinese made Audi A6 LONG is its main competitor.

BMW E60 5er LONG-40_446038955914f.jpg

BMW E60 5er LONG-2.jpg

regular E60
BMW E60 5er LONG-3.jpg
Old 05-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

hmm

That would be something interesting to see

Where did you get this photo?
Old 05-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='279813' date='May 9 2006, 10:15 AM
BMW E60 5er LONG

said to be longer 10-15cm then standart version
Not being funny - but it just looks to me that someone has stretched the horizontal aspect of the photo.

Is this for real ?
Old 05-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d M sport auto, Carbon black, Beige leather, Light poplar trim, Media pack, Extended voice control.

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='279818' date='May 9 2006, 10:21 AM
Not being funny - but it just looks to me that someone has stretched the horizontal aspect of the photo.

Is this for real ?
If the horizontal was stretched the round sign in the background would be an elipse.

Car in photo looks like standard E60 to me. Where is it supposed to be stretched ?

Nige Nige
Old 05-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I would buy one in a heartbeat if it were available here. The 7 er is too big and has the image of being too expensive for me. A streched 5 er is a great idea.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

so now you say that it will only be availablein arabia and china?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='279856' date='May 9 2006, 07:58 PM
so now you say that it will only be availablein arabia and china?
Another article in World Car Fans
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...s-lwb-spy-photo

FYI, the Chinese made Audi A6 is a long wheel base version, which is only available in the mainland China market. They have it since the last generation A6 came to market.

The rear legroom is a bit more for the long wheel base A6, so most probably it will be the same for the E60.

What will be name of this car? 530Li?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:40 AM
Senior Members

Absolute rubish the ideea...why buy a 5 long when you can have a 7. What would 7L owner think of your 5L . Let's be serious now, a 5 is a 4 door sedan with good (not the best) interior space, good (but not luxury) materials, and keep a very sporty character even though it's a bigger car than the 3. The L version would just not make any sense. If you want more space get the 7, if you want more luxury get the 7, if youw ant even more get the 7L. I bet that the extra length will take away some of the car dinamics....
Old 05-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by mic325' post='279863' date='May 9 2006, 02:21 PM
Another article in World Car Fans
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...s-lwb-spy-photo

FYI, the Chinese made Audi A6 is a long wheel base version, which is only available in the mainland China market. They have it since the last generation A6 came to market.

The rear legroom is a bit more for the long wheel base A6, so most probably it will be the same for the E60.

What will be name of this car? 530Li?
I wonder why Chinese need more legroom
Old 05-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Tommy' post='279872' date='May 9 2006, 07:45 AM
I wonder why Chinese need more legroom

Agree with BetterMakeWay. nothing more to say it will show that yoou couldnt afford the 7 series long

But i would really like to see it .I am very curious

Quick Reply: BMW E60 5er LONG