E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW destroyed today Wife is OK

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 12:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear your wife was OK.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bimmeroc,

Along with the others on the forum. Glad to hear that your wife is fine and OK.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Glad to hear your wife is okay.

As much as I hate seeing one of these fine machines damaged in any way, I always have to remind myself that "it's just a car" and whatever happens to it is clearly not that big of a deal compared to the alternative of someone being injured.

The car did it's "job" and did it well!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Members

good luck with the new Ride, Make sure you don't buy the same color, It's bad luck to get the same . Thank GOD your wife is doing just fine!
Attached Thumbnails BMW destroyed today Wife is OK-img_0321.jpg  
Old 08-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

It's good to hear your wife is OK, and it'S good to know that BMW Assist works...
But it hurts seeing an E60 crashed.
Good luck with the insurance company.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Members

Thank You all. Yes the car did serve its purpose. I have bought BMW's as the family car for the last 10 years and I am glad I did. Can't imagine what would have happened if she was in a Honda. The jeep that hit her all the windows smashed due to impact ..Bimmer None. The airbags held her like a glove...Thank God. The front passenger airbag did not deploy. Her friend was with her and she was fine so looks like it should not have deployed...though the side passenger did deploy

If the Firewall is damaged they will not repair the car - otherwise just the initial estimate is at 25k +. The Engine has moved two inches. So the whole car needs to be dismantled. If they write it off we get a new one....if they repair it I will upgrade the wheels...though I do want the HUD....will keep everyone posted....

Thank You All
Old 08-26-2004, 05:27 PM
Members

glad to hear she's okay. Thanks for posting
Old 08-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Members

It s at moments like this when BMW and Japanese wanabees comparison stops!

All the best..wife and car
Old 08-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Contributors

Wow - quite a story. There are a lot of crazy drivers out there. So glad to hear that your wife is OK . BMW builds great machines that are fun to drive but more importantly safe to drive. Good luck with your insurance claim and thanks for sharing your story. It's nice to know the systems work as designed.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:54 AM
sj3
Senior Members

First, I am also very glad your wife (and passenger) are ok. Second, it now looks like E60's have a bum, unreliable passenger front air bag. Depending on the passenger's weight, I am shocked that the opposite side air bag deployed without the front deploying. This is potentially very very bad and may be a very large lawsuit waiting to happen. From all signs, BMW is holding this one very close to the vest until they know/figure out what to do. Then come the recall notices. I'm quite worried now, hearing of this fellow's lack of front pass. deployment. Please let us know if it was a child sitting there. Anything over 40 pounds sitting there should deploy a front bag, especially if the side one deploys, and the side air bag opposite the collision. I'm not an expert in this field, but holy safety problem Batman.

Sam

Quick Reply: BMW destroyed today Wife is OK