E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW destroyed today Wife is OK

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So our 5 month old 2004 525 is almost gone. Thank God my wife walked away unsractched. Lady in jeep doing 60 in a residential neighbourhood hit her. Side airbags deployed, head restraint airbag deployed.....left front fendor gone..bumper gone...hood is bent and engine looks like it has moved. Wheel shock and front suspension is detached from the car. BMW assist called within seconds of the accident and alerted 911. BMW tow truck was there in 15 minutes....the other lady's jeep all windows were smashed and she seemed to have hurt her knee..claimed she was doing 20 and when the cop was writing the report her son started fighting with the cop....

Had the car towed to Sterling BMW's collision center in Tustin......guys there were great and told me if the firwall is damaged it will be a write off...if not God help us as he told me the frame parts will take months to come...but they feel this will be a write off I will know next week.

Talked to my insurance agent "State Farm" is awesome and they said it could be 50-50......we will find out..in the end wife is OK and the 5's safety features worked great..Thank God...have taken pictures and will post.............
Attached Thumbnails BMW destroyed today Wife is OK-dsc04723.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Members

Piture number two..wheel is just pushed bak..but us detached
Attached Thumbnails BMW destroyed today Wife is OK-dsc04726.jpg  
Old 08-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Senior Members

omg ! it's worse than a horror story! good to hear your wife is ok. your wife is always more important. i hope everything will be ok on your side. man, the cops should issue her at least one speeding tix !
Old 08-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Contributors

glad wifey is fine. Best of look with the write off.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Members

Woah... first damage pics I've seen for the car. Glad to know everything worked out well though. Hope it goes well with the insurance and replacement!

Nice to know BMW Assist works. Too bad we don't get it down under.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I am glad your wife is okay. She must have had the scare of her life! When I first looked at your car the damage didn't look to big (at the sidefender) But looking underneath the front windshield you can see the middle strut bended upwards a lot.. I think it will be a write off..
Old 08-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

glad to hear ur wife is alright! nvr mind abt the car, u can always get a new one...
Old 08-25-2004, 11:24 PM
Contributors

Agree with everybody else, glad to know your wife is safe. BMW is a safe machine.
I hope you get thte write off.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Contributors

2 points

1) Nice to know the saftey systems work...glad your wife is unscathed

2) Oh the dilemma of what options to go for in a nice new 2005 version!

DD
Old 08-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Senior Members

a car is a piece of metal and plastic even an E60, and it can be repaired or replaced. Best news is that your wife is OK !

Quick Reply: BMW destroyed today Wife is OK