E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Assist / Telematics

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I understood when I took delivery of my car that it came with a free 6 months subscription to BMW assist. I askied my dealer the other day how to set it up and he gave me a brochure and said you do it on line. Having now read the brochure there is no mention of registering on line.

Anyone know what to do? If its worth it!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='May 18 2005, 09:32 PM
I understood when I took delivery of my car that it came with a free 6 months subscription to BMW assist. I askied my dealer the other day how to set it up and he gave me a brochure and said you do it on line. Having now read the brochure there is no mention of registering on line.

[snapback]130320[/snapback]
my dealer sent me an application form to fill in which i then faxed back to the number on the form.

a few days later i noticed the telematics options appeared to work under the "communication" i-drive menu. the first step is a "data exchange" process where the car syncs with BMW, once complete the telematics menu's allow you to:

- use the call centre for generic queries "where's nearest hotel?" etc
- use the BMW Service option to request direct BMW roadside assist, system also sends vehicle location directly thru to call centre so they no where u are
- activates the SOS feature, if you are (touch wood u never need this) involved in a bad accident (air bags deployed) the system issues an automatic SOS signal to inform BMW roadside assist of the vehicle location and directs emergency services to your position
Old 05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='May 18 2005, 04:50 PM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='May 18 2005, 09:32 PM']I understood when I took delivery of my car that it came with a free 6 months subscription to BMW assist. I askied my dealer the other day how to set it up and he gave me a brochure and said you do it on line. Having now read the brochure there is no mention of registering on line.

[snapback]130320[/snapback]
my dealer sent me an application form to fill in which i then faxed back to the number on the form.

a few days later i noticed the telematics options appeared to work under the "communication" i-drive menu. the first step is a "data exchange" process where the car syncs with BMW, once complete the telematics menu's allow you to:

- use the call centre for generic queries "where's nearest hotel?" etc
- use the BMW Service option to request direct BMW roadside assist, system also sends vehicle location directly thru to call centre so they no where u are
- activates the SOS feature, if you are (touch wood u never need this) involved in a bad accident (air bags deployed) the system issues an automatic SOS signal to inform BMW roadside assist of the vehicle location and directs emergency services to your position
[snapback]130326[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for that I'll sort it it out tomorrow after I've found the white lines on the rev counter!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Members

Merv,

My car was delivered 6 days ago, and the Assist SHOULD have been readied for my delivery.

However, the paper had not been signed by me and was sorted a few days ago. Phone the UK Call centre..... VERY Helpful guy called Simon who is the Assist man.......

I have synched my car today, but it has to go to the grage apprantly to be set properly, which shuold take less than 30 mins. Mine is going in on Friday morning so I will let you know the outcome!

Alan
Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AlanM' date='May 18 2005, 05:11 PM
Merv,

My car was delivered 6 days ago, and the Assist SHOULD have been readied for my delivery.

However, the paper had not been signed by me and was sorted a few days ago.? Phone the UK Call centre..... VERY Helpful guy called Simon who is the Assist man.......

I have synched my car today, but it has to go to the grage apprantly to be set properly, which shuold take less than 30 mins.? Mine is going in on Friday morning so I will let you know the outcome!

Alan
[snapback]130340[/snapback]
Thanks Alan - What do you think of the HiFi option and the torque?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:01 AM
Members

Have been a good boy and nOt passed 3500rpm yet..... but I love it!!

So pleased to have ditched the Mercedes-Benz....!

Hifi speakers not bad - but a part of me wishes I had gone for the Logic7 (Though getting that extra passed by "she who must be obeyed" would have been a little tricky..... we had three congressional hearings, two acounts meetings and a financial board of enquiry as it is!!!!)
Old 05-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Originally Posted by AlanM' date='May 19 2005, 05:01 AM
Have been a good boy and nOt passed 3500rpm yet..... but I love it!!

So pleased to have ditched the Mercedes-Benz....!

Hifi speakers not bad - but a part of me wishes I had gone for the Logic7 (Though getting that extra passed by "she who must be obeyed" would have been a little tricky..... we had three congressional hearings, two acounts meetings and a financial board of enquiry as it is!!!!)
[snapback]130519[/snapback]
Don't feel bad about the Logic7 - it depends what you want from it - it actually colours the sound more so IMHO its not as clean. However I do sympathise with the spanish inquisition.

According to ISUK in a post somewere you don't have to worry too much about the 3500 rpm limit, apparently it even does diesel engines some good to vary the rev range...

Anyone notice the rough idle when cold? I wonder if this is just during the run in period, or if the brand of deisel has anything to do with it? Any comments?