E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Assist Billing

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:04 PM

Sounds like another example of poor dealer service. :thumbsdown:
But frankly the auto renewal should be put in writing and have your signature on it, IMO.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: X3 | 3.0 | 6-speed manual

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 22 2005, 11:04 PM
Sounds like another example of poor dealer service. :thumbsdown:
But frankly the auto renewal should be put in writing and have your signature on it, IMO.
[snapback]118986[/snapback]
If the OP himself gave his CC to BMW Assist but was not informed of the auto. renewal, then I believe that it was not the dealer's fault but the fault of the rep. at BMW Assist.

I believe that the dealer does get involved in the BMW Assist registration process by sending in SOME info. about the new owner. Then, when the owner takes delivery, the sales associate has the owner make an initial call to BMW Assist to activate the account. I've taken delivery of two cars that have BMW Assist, and each time the dealership had NOT given any cc info to BMW Assist, but rather I was asked if I want to give it by the operator during that initial call.

When I activated my BMW Assist account, they asked may we have your credit card number. I asked why they needed it since the first year is free--they said it was "as a convenience to me" so they could continue my service automatically after the first year! I said no thank you. Then they asked may we have your email address, I said no thank you...
The other reason they would need it is if you plan on using any of the fee-for-service options. You get one of each type for free, but that requires you to give them your cc so that any subsequent requests can be billed. If the customer plans on using those services, it makes sense to put the cc on file during that initial call.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

In Germany you don't need to give them a CC. They don't even ask. Long before the first year is over you get a letter in which they inform you, that you now have to cancel, or the service continues. If you then do nothing the service continues and you get an invoice you have to pay.
I just received my letter two weeks ago. That's more than a month before the free year is over.