E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Assist

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013
Wink

I have called BMW Assist twice over the last couple of weeks and they were able to help me very quick and were very friendly. What I really liked was what happened today. I called to find the next pharmacy and I got the addresses of the next two and the data was transmitted immediately to my car. I just clicked on it, said "set as destination" and the nav led me right to it. Also I configuered a route on the internet site and sent it to my car the other day. That also worked perfectly! I just downloaded it from the BMW Assist server when I got in the car and set it as my destination...
After all I have to say this Service is very helpfull, very friendly people... I just don't know if it's worth the 175 Euro after my free 12 months...
But so far I really like BMW Assist...
Old 08-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

hummmmm...interesting...does that work here in the USA?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure, but I think it should be the same... I guess...
Old 08-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 25 2004, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it should be the same... I guess...
I'm not aware of how to do this. Iceman, please post more details as to what site you used and how you "downloaded it from the BMW Assist server".
Old 08-25-2004, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

It doesn't work over here wich is a shame. I would be a nice option to have.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Contributors

I could get the option but I was told I would have a hard time translating all the info. I can read and speak enough german to do basic traveling and questions. Just not learning fast enough I guess.

I will use it when I get back to the states.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:00 AM
Contributors

Is there a public link to the site? Just curious. I did a google on BMW Assist, but didn't come back with much more than links to this forum!

james
Old 08-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

geez, Iceman... maybe you could, like, adopt me?
you know, carry on the family name
help out in the family business
drive dad's car

sounds a plan?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

The website (for Germany) is: bmw-telematik.de.

There you can log in to your BMW Assist, configure routes for the nav and then send it to your car. Actaully to the BMW Assist server. Once you are in your car you go on Phone, BMW Assist, BMW Info and chose "update information", the server will be contacted by the car to check for new massages, and you will receive your message. You just click on the options then and chose set as destination - done. Or you can chose call, if you sent a phone number, and the phone dials the number... Etc....
When talking to BMW Assist and asking for a destination (like the next pharmacy) they send a data set to your car and it appears on the BMW Assist screen you are on when you talk to them ("Auskunft Plus", in Germany). Procedure is the same, you click on it and set as destination, and off you drive...
I really like that kind of interactive communication, espacially that you can programm the routes allready at home or at work on a regular PC before you enter the car. Then you don't need to go through all the idrive, you just update information and then set as destionation. Waaay easier, espacially when there are more citys with the exact same name. Because in the nav you can't put the ZIP code in, so when you have an address but don't know exact location (globally) and there is abother city with the same name close... and worst case... the street name exists in both citys too... Oh yes, it happens... It happened to me two weeks ago...
But with the configuration on the PC it's easier, since you put the ZIP code in and everything and then send it to the car... No more city and street selection... Just update information...

I love it...
Old 08-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Rob
Members

If they actually add this service, along with traffic information, in the US, that would be enough for me to continue my BMW Assist coverage beyond the "free" period. I think this sounds really cool and wonder why we don't have this in the US.

Does anyone have any idea if this going to be added?

Thanks,
-Rob

Quick Reply: BMW Assist