E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Assist

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Had my BMW Assist now for about a month and not really used it or read up on it as I don't really need it. All I know is I have the first 6 months free but just pay for the calls thorough my mobile phone bill, then its ?120 for the next 12 months plus all calls.

Had a call earlier from BMW Assist Customer Services and they said there are no associated call charges and that it is completly free. I could have sworn I read somewhere on this forum that you still had to pay for the calls. Also the fact that in the UK telematics only comes with bluetooth I thought its all through the phone.
Anyway I switched my phone off and low and behold the BMW Assist still worked.

What do I know?????
Old 12-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I take it everyone knew the phone wasn't involved then!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Auto M Sport delivered 04/10/05, Carbon Black, Beige Ventilated Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Media Pack - Sat Nav Pro, Bmw Assist, Bluetooth phone prep + telematics + snap in adapter for Nokia 6230i & 6 CD, Visibility Pack - bi-xenons, adaptive headlights and Headlight Wash, HUD, High Gloss Shadow Line, Extended Lights, HiFi System, Extended Voice, M Spoiler and Heated/ventilated f/seats. Chrome Grills. M Double Spoke 19" Mixed Wheels 172 with 245/35 front and 275/30 rear (Non-runflat continentals) Spare wheel and jack. Supaglass.

I've used it a few times to find a local Starbucks on a long journey. Have to think about renewing it when the time comes. My pro nav DVD says that it holds pubs on it - but I can never find any ! That's when I need to call Assist
Old 12-02-2005, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='205996' date='Dec 2 2005, 04:05 AM
I take it everyone knew the phone wasn't involved then!
Looks that way...
Old 12-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Contributors

I was thinking in subscribing for 2 years (two years ease trm).

I called them and asked them how 'the follow direction works'. They told me that if I call and ask for direction to get to a place, they will stay with me until I reach my destination.

So that means that if I need to take a 3 hours trip and ask them to help me to get to my destination, I will keep the assist connection active, maybe no radio for me, until i reach my destination? Any one has experience with that?

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Here is an updated Assist Bulletin for North America (I assume USA). However there may be some similarities to changes in other parts of the world.

SI B 02 01 05
Aftersales Business Development October 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
BMW Assist Program Changes for September 2005

Credit card information required to subscribe to BMW Assist

Reconfigured Safety and Convenience Plans

Credit card information is now required to enroll in the BMW Assist program.

Subscribers MUST give their credit card information to subscribe to BMW Assist. BMW will pay the first year of the BMW Assist Safety Plan only with the subscriber's credit card information on file. As a benefit, the subscriber will also have access to a 45-day trial (up to 3 events) of the optional Convenience Plan. The credit card information will also facilitate any purchases made via the BMW Assist Concierge. Credit card information must be entered in Step 3c of the ESA Online Form on CenterNet to successfully enroll. If the subscriber is only willing to give their credit card information over the phone, complete and save the ESA Online Form through Step 3b, then call (888) 333-6118 with your customer to complete the application.

The only charges to their account made during enrollment will be if the subscriber:

Extends BMW Assist service beyond the initial 12-month, BMW-paid service (center incentives available), or

Enrolls in the optional Convenience Plan, and/or extends that subscription during the activation call.

Credit card information is required to ensure continuity of service. The subscriber will be notified by e-mail or letter 45 days in advance of expiration of service. The services will be renewed automatically, unless the subscriber cancels the service. If they cancel the service after the expiration date, they are subject to a $50 fee. An example renewal letter is posted on CenterNet under BMW/BMW Assist/Renewal Letter.

If the customer refuses to give credit card information, the client advisor must fill out the ESA Online Form to decline BMW Assist service. The customer must then sign the waiver, acknowledging that all BMW Assist services, including Automatic Collision Notification and Stolen Vehicle Recovery, will be deactivated.

BMW client advisors are REQUIRED to do the following:

Offer the BMW-paid term of BMW Assist Safety Plan to every customer purchasing or leasing a BMW equipped with the BMW Assist system.

Obtain the subscriber's credit card information during enrollment, minimize the number of waivers.

Enhance the subscriber's experience and familiarity by completing a BMW Assist activation call (push the SOS Button) during retail delivery.

Your New Sales Message (at time of purchase or lease commitment):

"BMW Assist costs $240 a year. But with your billing information on file, BMW pays for the first year as well as a 45-day trial (up to 3 events) of the optional Convenience Plan. We also offer discounts for multi-year subscriptions. You can save $30 by pre-paying for a two-year extension now, and $60 for a three-year extension. So it's cost-effective to enroll now for your full lease or finance term."

Changes to the Safety and Convenience Plans

Concierge service is now included in the optional Convenience Plan (formerly part of the Safety Plan).

Unlimited calls for Directions, Traffic and Weather information are now part of the optional Convenience Plan, and are no longer available on a per-call charge basis.

Safety Plan1 (core program):
Convenience Plan1 (optional; requires Safety Plan):

Automatic Collision Notification
Unlimited access to Directions

Emergency Request (SOS)
Unlimited access to Traffic information

Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Unlimited access to Weather information

Stolen Vehicle Recovery2
Concierge service via any telephone at (800)233-8896

Service Request3
Concierge service via SOS button

Customer Relations3
Concierge service via www.bmwusa.com

Safety Plan Pricing:
Convenience Plan Pricing:

The first year is paid for by BMW, with the subscriber billing information.
$120 a year (including initial year of ownership) for unlimited usage (previous $4.95/call offering discontinued)

Each additional year is $240. Subscriber can save $30 when extending for two additional years, and $60 for three years.
To subscribe to Convenience Plan, a customer can enroll during the activation call, or by calling BMW Assist Customer Care toll-free at (888) 333-6118.

To subscribe to Safety Plan, customer must sign up at your BMW center and provide credit card information.
45 day trial (up to two Concierge and 1 Directions calls) at no charge with retail Safety Plan enrollment.

Please find overview of the new services structure attached in our "Key Benefit" chart.

This chart is also available on CenterNet/BMW/BMW Assist/Sales Materials/BMW Assist Services & Benefits.

1 Vehicle Delivery Centers enable the BMW Assist services (per SI B84 15 03) in the new 3, 5, 6 and 7 Series, effective April 2005. All new BMW Assist-equipped vehicles arrive at your BMW center ready for use.

2 This service has been extended to the 7 Series, effective with September 2005 production.

3 The TeleService features of Customer Relations and automatic and manual Service Request are extended from the 5 and 6 Series to the new 2006MY 3 (E90) and 7 Series. &line;

Sales Incentive:

The current $10 incentive for obtaining credit card information will be terminated effective with this program change. The incentives for multi-year subscriptions to BMW Assist Safety Plan ($25/$50/$100 for 1/2/3 additional years) will be retained. Please see Parts Bulletin 84 07 05.

The effective date of all changes above is September 30, 2005
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
B020105KeyBenefitChart.pdf (560.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 12-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='206064' date='Dec 2 2005, 08:44 AM
Here is an updated Assist Bulletin for North America (I assume USA). However there may be some similarities to changes in other parts of the world.

SI B 02 01 05
Aftersales Business Development October 2005
Technical Service

SUBJECT
BMW Assist Program Changes for September 2005

Credit card information required to subscribe to BMW Assist

Reconfigured Safety and Convenience Plans

Credit card information is now required to enroll in the BMW Assist program.

Subscribers MUST give their credit card information to subscribe to BMW Assist. BMW will pay the first year of the BMW Assist Safety Plan only with the subscriber's credit card information on file. As a benefit, the subscriber will also have access to a 45-day trial (up to 3 events) of the optional Convenience Plan. The credit card information will also facilitate any purchases made via the BMW Assist Concierge. Credit card information must be entered in Step 3c of the ESA Online Form on CenterNet to successfully enroll. If the subscriber is only willing to give their credit card information over the phone, complete and save the ESA Online Form through Step 3b, then call (888) 333-6118 with your customer to complete the application.

The only charges to their account made during enrollment will be if the subscriber:

Extends BMW Assist service beyond the initial 12-month, BMW-paid service (center incentives available), or

Enrolls in the optional Convenience Plan, and/or extends that subscription during the activation call.

Credit card information is required to ensure continuity of service. The subscriber will be notified by e-mail or letter 45 days in advance of expiration of service. The services will be renewed automatically, unless the subscriber cancels the service. If they cancel the service after the expiration date, they are subject to a $50 fee. An example renewal letter is posted on CenterNet under BMW/BMW Assist/Renewal Letter.

If the customer refuses to give credit card information, the client advisor must fill out the ESA Online Form to decline BMW Assist service. The customer must then sign the waiver, acknowledging that all BMW Assist services, including Automatic Collision Notification and Stolen Vehicle Recovery, will be deactivated.

BMW client advisors are REQUIRED to do the following:

Offer the BMW-paid term of BMW Assist Safety Plan to every customer purchasing or leasing a BMW equipped with the BMW Assist system.

Obtain the subscriber's credit card information during enrollment, minimize the number of waivers.

Enhance the subscriber's experience and familiarity by completing a BMW Assist activation call (push the SOS Button) during retail delivery.

Your New Sales Message (at time of purchase or lease commitment):

"BMW Assist costs $240 a year. But with your billing information on file, BMW pays for the first year as well as a 45-day trial (up to 3 events) of the optional Convenience Plan. We also offer discounts for multi-year subscriptions. You can save $30 by pre-paying for a two-year extension now, and $60 for a three-year extension. So it's cost-effective to enroll now for your full lease or finance term."

Changes to the Safety and Convenience Plans

Concierge service is now included in the optional Convenience Plan (formerly part of the Safety Plan).

Unlimited calls for Directions, Traffic and Weather information are now part of the optional Convenience Plan, and are no longer available on a per-call charge basis.

Safety Plan1 (core program):
Convenience Plan1 (optional; requires Safety Plan):

Automatic Collision Notification
Unlimited access to Directions

Emergency Request (SOS)
Unlimited access to Traffic information

Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Unlimited access to Weather information

Stolen Vehicle Recovery2
Concierge service via any telephone at (800)233-8896

Service Request3
Concierge service via SOS button

Customer Relations3
Concierge service via www.bmwusa.com

Safety Plan Pricing:
Convenience Plan Pricing:

The first year is paid for by BMW, with the subscriber billing information.
$120 a year (including initial year of ownership) for unlimited usage (previous $4.95/call offering discontinued)

Each additional year is $240. Subscriber can save $30 when extending for two additional years, and $60 for three years.
To subscribe to Convenience Plan, a customer can enroll during the activation call, or by calling BMW Assist Customer Care toll-free at (888) 333-6118.

To subscribe to Safety Plan, customer must sign up at your BMW center and provide credit card information.
45 day trial (up to two Concierge and 1 Directions calls) at no charge with retail Safety Plan enrollment.

Please find overview of the new services structure attached in our "Key Benefit" chart.

This chart is also available on CenterNet/BMW/BMW Assist/Sales Materials/BMW Assist Services & Benefits.

1 Vehicle Delivery Centers enable the BMW Assist services (per SI B84 15 03) in the new 3, 5, 6 and 7 Series, effective April 2005. All new BMW Assist-equipped vehicles arrive at your BMW center ready for use.

2 This service has been extended to the 7 Series, effective with September 2005 production.

3 The TeleService features of Customer Relations and automatic and manual Service Request are extended from the 5 and 6 Series to the new 2006MY 3 (E90) and 7 Series. &line;

Sales Incentive:

The current $10 incentive for obtaining credit card information will be terminated effective with this program change. The incentives for multi-year subscriptions to BMW Assist Safety Plan ($25/$50/$100 for 1/2/3 additional years) will be retained. Please see Parts Bulletin 84 07 05.

The effective date of all changes above is September 30, 2005
Very odd: they quoated me $120 per year. ( I pressed the SOS button and asked them)