E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black

As we all know, each person has had varying degrees of difficulty with a dealer and/or BMWNA. I myself cannot stand one of the dealerships in the area, while on the other hand, the smaller operation has been nothing but a good experience. I have yet to have any major issues with my ride, but I am sure that when I do, I will not have a problem.

The OP seems to be a difficult person to please (though the small things can often be the most frustrating). I am sure his patience is waning and his desire to keep the car is being overshadowed by his perception of bias and/or racial prejudice (good point on the F150 in Texas comment, BTW). I hope that these issues to not detract from the overall superior driving experience he should be enjoying in his ride. What a shame if it does. What strikes me as odd though is that his complaints are based upon cruise control, loaners and the "Owners Circle"?? Ummm, trivial. I personally do not think that an automated cruise control is something I would ever enjoy, and have never seen the point of an owners circle when forums and clubs exist. Loaners is something that he could work on with a more "honey vs acid" attitude. My .02.

I hope the OP has a better experience in the future; whether it be with a BMW under him or not. I have a feeling that no matter what steed he may drive, his "issues" would still be present.

Good Luck.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Contributors

I had my good and bad experience with all car dealership. With infiniti, if you bring your car if they would give you a loaner, a G35, with acura, if you bring your car in they will give you a loaner, TSX, rsx, or even a TL, have driven those brand new cars with very low miles. But if you go to BMW and if you bring it into service or warranty work, make an appointment for a loaner i would say at least a week in advance if not they will provide you with a cheap rental, like a charger if they are out of loaners. So if you need warranty work it is best that you to make an appointment in advance to get the loaner but if you just bring it in with no advance notice they will provide you with what they have that's it. And it's true if you didn't buy the car from that dealership they do not provide loaners I've been told that too. But then again it all depends how you talk to the SA.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Spyder44' post='420234' date='May 2 2007, 11:53 AM
I am sure his patience is waning and his desire to keep the car is being overshadowed by his perception of bias and/or racial prejudice (good point on the F150 in Texas comment, BTW).
I've gone thru this thread 2x - what did the OP say about this?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i Sport, Man, Cold WX Pkg, Black Sapphire Met on Black

Post #6 and post #11

I wrongly attributed to the OP. Ooops.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Spyder44' post='420234
I've gone thru this thread 2x - what did the OP say about this?
That comment was made by myself in regards to the BMW dealership that won't treat you good unless you are Chinese. Not a lot of connection with the opening post though.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

Ok everyone. Let's pay attention in class now, shall we ?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Im on my 3rd lease with New Century BMW, CA and drive 20 miles out of my way for service. I've been given the GMs personal loaner car (white X5) from my SA. I've experienced nothing short of outstanding service which, is why i will drive out of my way and continue leasing from them. I do not speak Chinese .

This is an interesting topic as I can relate to the frustration experienced at other dealers in the past. As Santa Monica, CA BMW told me after a day and half of having my car for a check engine light that they had lost it and didnt know where my keys where and that it was possible that the service tech working on my car could have brought them home with him. I will never buy/service from them again. (although I will look at the new 08' models)

I 100% agree that if you approach the interaction with your dealer/SA a little differently it could help as it has with me/others however, if the dealer isnt knowledgeable and trying to appease you at all costs - you probably need a new dealer or maybe even a new auto company.

As for some of the other items it seems as though you need to do a little better research and expectations shouldnt be end all on a few options that arent working like you'd like them. Hope it works out for you.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Sir:
You might want to consider an anger management program. And a different car.