E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

BMW-DON'T CARE? / JUST BUY BMW and DO NOT BOTHER .... Frustration
No loaner cars, No good or minor service unless U buy from the same dealer- BIG DEAL- People move / get good deals in other cities.
BMW owners circle is a crap (No updates, brochures, old info, not useful, my car is still with dealer per OC)
ACC : annoying- cannot change the distance between the cars except 4 lines( mine and car in front) or cannot switch to regular cruise . stuck with ACC ?
bmwusa customer service not friendly: I was told that I should buy the car after good research, incorrect info on my E60 tracking and status ...........
Sent me wrong brochures(M5 and 6 series) when I requested for ONLY 2008-E-60
One of the Chicago's doctor's X5 burned into flames(newer=demo + some miles ), got KIA-compact as a loaner, Having rough and tough time with BMW
BMW have no control on Dealers, why?
BMW site not updated yet- no big deal.
Will post more once I experience more in future........

Any suggestions / tel.#s / email address / Bldg. address to report such problems
Have MDX - did not have such problems
Auto Companies have pros /cons, but they should provide and control the dealers atleast for basic features.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

Question

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='419915' date='May 1 2007, 04:27 PM
BMW-DON'T CARE? / JUST BUY BMW and DO NOT BOTHER .... Frustration
No loaner cars, No good or minor service unless U buy from the same dealer- BIG DEAL- People move / get good deals in other cities.
BMW owners circle is a crap (No updates, brochures, old info, not useful, my car is still with dealer per OC)
ACC : annoying- cannot change the distance between the cars except 4 lines( mine and car in front) or cannot switch to regular cruise . stuck with ACC ?
bmwusa customer service not friendly: I was told that I should buy the car after good research, incorrect info on my E60 tracking and status ...........
Sent me wrong brochures(M5 and 6 series) when I requested for ONLY 2008-E-60
One of the Chicago's doctor's X5 burned into flames(newer=demo + some miles ), got KIA-compact as a loaner, Having rough and tough time with BMW
BMW have no control on Dealers, why?
BMW site not updated yet- no big deal.
Will post more once I experience more in future........

Any suggestions / tel.#s / email address / Bldg. address to report such problems
Have MDX - did not have such problems
Auto Companies have pros /cons, but they should provide and control the dealers atleast for basic features.
Another ? : Insurance
My insurance Co. cannot give me a quote(exactly) for 528 xi as it is not in system ? How much is average insurance (good driver, record etc. ) ?
The insurance amount is high ( equal to what I am paying for my both cars- Accord & MDX)
BMW is in top 5 most theft category(autos).
BMW-Parts and labor very expensive in case of claims, and of-course it is in top luxury sedans.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Members

All of the issues you mentioned you should have known before you bought the car. It is not even BMW's fault. If you don't like your car then just sell it. No offense, but most people do not buy BMWs for the Owner's Circle experience. For the ACC, you should have test driven it before you bought it. And for the brochure, why would it matter if you have already purchased the car. The brochures probably ran out. I do agree that Acura does not have these issues, and only because they do not even have an Owner's Circle, ACC, a 2008 5 series, or a loaner car program. It is unfortunate that BMW of North America had to hear such silly complaints. Just my $0.02.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jamesh' post='420047' date='May 1 2007, 08:45 PM
All of the issues you mentioned you should have known before you bought the car. It is not even BMW's fault. If you don't like your car then just sell it. No offense, but most people do not buy BMWs for the Owner's Circle experience. For the ACC, you should have test driven it before you bought it. And for the brochure, why would it matter if you have already purchased the car. The brochures probably ran out. I do agree that Acura does not have these issues, and only because they do not even have an Owner's Circle, ACC, a 2008 5 series, or a loaner car program. It is unfortunate that BMW of North America had to hear such silly complaints. Just my $0.02.

Jamesh,

You have no idea what we have dealer wise in OC and the way we get treated. Service is rude, they lie, and do not care. I have to send them PUMA numbers to get things fixed because they there is nothing is in the computer! They are the experts? BMWNA does not care. I have had my car 10 months and I am thinking of selling it because it takes so much time to deal with them and too many days driving a Grand Am loaner car from Budget. All the research in the world would not prep you for this!

Kelly
Old 05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='419915
One of the Chicago's doctor's X5 burned into flames
is inscrutable

So this unknown doctor had multiple X5s?
Fortunately, only one was immolated. I guess he could drive one of his other X5s in that case.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Black BMW 525i

Originally Posted by Kellywb' post='420052' date='May 1 2007, 08:58 PM
Jamesh,

You have no idea what we have dealer wise in OC and the way we get treated. Service is rude, they lie, and do not care. I have to send them PUMA numbers to get things fixed because they there is nothing is in the computer! They are the experts? BMWNA does not care. I have had my car 10 months and I am thinking of selling it because it takes so much time to deal with them and too many days driving a Grand Am loaner car from Budget. All the research in the world would not prep you for this!

Kelly
+1 on this. Sorry to say this but I love my e60. With that being said the service is a joke. You think you got it bad. Try going to New Century BMW in Alhambra. If your not Chinese, they don't think twice about you. It literally took me 10 vms to the Service rep in before I got an appt to get my oil changed. Not to mention, I e-mailed the service dept. via their Web site for a quote on IPOD itegration. After three months, I finally get a response which quotes me $150 higher than the service rep told me three days prior.

Was lied to about everything you can imagine during the sales process. The good thing is, it's not limited to BMW. It's across the board...It's also important to point out these dealers are just that dealers. They are not BMW corporate...You could remove the BMW sign and put up a Honda one. The only thing that change is a little less arrogance. :thumbsdown:
Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Black BMW 525i

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='420068' date='May 1 2007, 09:36 PM
What does it mean that you should "buy the car after good research"
Your post is hard enough to decipher but this
is inscrutable

So this unknown doctor had multiple X5s?
Fortunately, only one was immolated. I guess he could drive one of his other X5s in that case.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='420068' date='May 1 2007, 09:36 PM
What does it mean that you should "buy the car after good research"
Actually, it would be interesting to post a poll and see if people are happy with BMW dealership and with BMW NA in general.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Senior Members

Thumbs up

For bmw blind lovers:
bmwusa told me that I should have bought my E60 after good research if I am going thru such issues
The doctor is single and had one X5 that burned into flames soon after he parked down under another's condo and went upstairs to his condo
Some people on this site and outside love blindly no matter what. Love is blind? come out of your..... and have open minded thoughts
I expect and is my right to have courteous and good service for the AMOUNT I PAID for this top luxury car. period.
People do not get loaner cars and when they complain they get kia, Grand am ,Hyudai etc. as loaners, Is this right?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jamesh' post='420047' date='May 1 2007, 09:45 PM
I do agree that Acura does not have these issues, and only because they do not even have an Owner's Circle, ACC, a 2008 5 series, or a loaner car program.
I was recently car hunting and was told by Acura dealership that they do have a car loaner program and that they will loan you a car when yours is in for repairs.

BTW, sorry to hear about your experience with BMW. Most of the times I've had excellent service provided by BMW. Their parts/service are not cheap as Hondas for sure but I don't find Honda's service to be good and their salespersons at dealerships are quite annoying.

Quick Reply: BMW