E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bi-Xenon Headlights - Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully in the next few days I'm going to be placing my order but one thing I'm umming and arghring over is are the Bi-Xenon headlights worth having?

I've been driving cars for the past 21 years without them so would I miss getting them now? I have to confess that budget is the primary obstacle here because I'm having to take a far greater hit on my current car than I had anticipated and that has made me have to think long and hard over the options I have chosen. I've got the ones I definitely want but just wondered what peoples thoughts about the headlights were?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

I like them a lot, but I drive a lot in the dark time too. With Xenons You will have really huge amount of light ahead of You.

Skaffa
Old 04-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 Boxster, 02 IS-300, 03 MDX

Absolutly worth it! You definatly dont know what you are missing!
Old 04-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

Get it..

The car do also look better with Xenon lights than with usuals bulbs...
Old 04-13-2005, 03:20 AM
Members

I would suggest to test drive a car with xenon in the night.
Especially here in Germany when driving really fast at nights it is so much more safety to have xenon on board. So I would always choose Xenon combined with a jet black bimmer instead of metallic bimmer with the usual lights.
Please post a list with all the options you want to take. Let's see, if there's anything to put aside instaed of the xenon lights.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:31 AM
Senior Members

Essential.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

xenon is a must have IMHO
Old 04-13-2005, 03:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='Apr 13 2005, 09:23 AM
Hopefully in the next few days I'm going to be placing my order? ? but one thing I'm umming and arghring over is are the Bi-Xenon headlights worth having?

I've been driving cars for the past 21 years without them so would I miss getting them now? I have to confess that budget is the primary obstacle here because I'm having to take a far greater hit on my current car than I had anticipated? ? and that has made me have to think long and hard over the options I have chosen. I've got the ones I definitely want but just wondered what peoples thoughts about the headlights were?
[snapback]114799[/snapback]

put it this way, my E60 was first car i had with Xenons and I would not buy another car without them. i thought they were a gimic until i drove the car at night. now and then i am a passenger in a car without them and you feel the need to ask if the headlights are actually on !!!

other point to consider, when selling the car on in a few years time, most cars on the market in that class will have xenons fitted so buyers will expect them, not saying you'll recoup the money but it might make for a quicker resale. if i was in the marker for a used E60 i would not even consider one without the xenon lights.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

Worth every penny
Old 04-13-2005, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

all above is true and i would like to add that the car looks like a million dollars at night to with those cool xenons. Its my first set to. I have driving 2O years without them and now i am sold....forever.

Quick Reply: Bi-Xenon Headlights - Worth it?