E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: What is your favorite interior color with Silver Gray Metalic exterior and Anthracite Maple trim?
Black
57.45%
Grey
15.60%
Auburn
14.89%
Beige
12.06%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Best interior color with Silver Gray Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005 | 08:21 AM
Members

I will be doing a European Delivery on a new 530 in May, but am having difficulty deciding what interior color works best with a Silver Grey exterior and the anthracite trim, I had been leaning towards black, but am now thinking it may be to stark. Help me decide!

Thanks

OnOn
Old 01-18-2005 | 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

This has been much discussed before and you will get some very opinionated answers each way. It all comes down to personal taste. I like the gray interior but I can't totally disagree w/ folks who point to difficulties keeping it clean, particularly the floor mats etc. Seats are fine, but floor mats whether you keep the carpeted ones that come with the car or go w/ the rubber as I did, they show dirt quite easily. Still love the gray though...
Old 01-18-2005 | 08:43 AM
Senior Members

I have the gray and love it. Its not hard to keep clean at all. Some people are just too lazy.
Old 01-18-2005 | 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I disagree on the gray being easy to keep clean.

My brother had gray seats in his old M3.... and he was a nut about cleaning the car. Regardless, dirt still gets ground into the leather grain and is impossible to get out.

Gray looks fantastic..... but I chose black over gray due to the clean look factor.
Old 01-18-2005 | 08:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Here we go again !!!

Once he picks a color, refer him to the long wood trim thread !!!

I too was leaning toward the black until I saw it. Cant put my finger on why I didn't like it (but I didn't). There are pics of the Auburn here, and its quite distinctive. All that being said, I went with gray/anthracite combo and am quite happy. Haven't had ANY problems keeping it clean.

I'd ditch it all for the new ///M package though !!!
Old 01-18-2005 | 09:16 AM
Contributors

From: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by OnOn' date='Jan 18 2005, 12:21 PM
I will be doing a European Delivery on a new 530 in May, but am having difficulty deciding what interior color works best with a Silver Grey exterior and the anthracite trim, I had been leaning towards black, but am now thinking it may be to stark.? Help me decide!

Thanks

OnOn
[snapback]80378[/snapback]
I have silver grey with black. IMO unmatched for class!
Old 01-18-2005 | 09:44 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

I too will state that the gray leather is hard to keep clean. The gray mats must be replaced every year or so. I had a gray interior on a 2001 Steel Blue 540i. Looks good when clean, but . . . . My favorite match for the Silver Gray is black leather with poplar wood. The Auburn leather is worth consideration. It is very nice.
Old 01-18-2005 | 09:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

SilverGray with Beige and Poplar Wood trim; just like the brochure color combo. I happen to _love_ it.

Slightly OT: Have any of you seen the pix of the "Terra" leather for the new E90 3er? Now that looks like a really nice leather color; not as orange as Auburn, not as red as the TerraCotta from the X3, and darker than the Natural from the current 3er.

Make my E90 M3 Sparkling Graphite and Terra Leather, please.

-MrB
Old 01-18-2005 | 11:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

Black, Black, Black, is there any other choice?
Old 01-18-2005 | 12:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by OnOn' date='Jan 18 2005, 06:21 PM
I will be doing a European Delivery on a new 530 in May, but am having difficulty deciding what interior color works best with a Silver Grey exterior and the anthracite trim, I had been leaning towards black, but am now thinking it may be to stark.? Help me decide!

Thanks

OnOn
[snapback]80378[/snapback]
I saw three E60's together when deciding , all silver grey with beige, black and grey interiors.

Black leather possibly looks more expensive very close up but it makes the inside of the car look like a dungeon from the dark ages. Although it may hide the dirt better, it is too dark with silver grey. Although the majority seem to go with black.

To my eyes, the grey leather brings out the worst in the leather. Looks like a leather substitute. Too much grey, almost as you'd see in a cheap Korean import.
Grey seats, door, dash inside. Grey paintwork outside. Kia eat your heart out.

Beige brightens up the interior but shows up the dirt better. IMHO, I think it's a better contrast with the silver grey. So the brochure says.

I have silver-grey and went with the beige interior and silver trim. You pay the price by maybe having to clean it more regularly. I have the car 5 months and although you can see some dirt areas on the seat, it's by no means at the point where embarrassment creeps in forcing you to say 'it needs to be cleaned'. You have to look closely to notice anything. I put in grey mats rather then beige.

I would suggest you try to see all three leather colours with silver-grey - preferably together. Then decide. Its is really personal taste.

Quick Reply: Best interior color with Silver Gray Metallic