E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Basic Climate Control Fan Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 01:21 PM
stu
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely
- I'd make a right fuss - if I had an early car - .
I'd threaten them with a county court claim - if they are unresponsive . It's easy to organise . Just remember - your money was " perfect " the car should be perfect too ... no messing !
Old 04-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Members

Looking at this issue from a bit of a different angle:

I have been interested in adding a dieselheater for the engine and interiour in my new E60. According to the information I got from Webasto their initial information was that the car needed to be equiped with the extended clima-control to be able to control the fan and get heated air into the car by controlling the fan - BUT after getting some help to dig a bit deeper into BMW's part catalogue, it seems as if there are several versions of the control unit of the Basic Clima Control and for at least one of these it is possible to control the fan speed through the I-drive controlled heater. I wounder if this is the version of the Basic Clima Control Unit that BMW has mounted in the new cars?? I wounder if the conflicting reports we can see on the control of fan speed here could be due to the cars having some differences in other equipment (such as a standard installed diesel heater) and thus having different versions of the control unit for the standard clima? When looking in the manual, there is a star next to the control of the fan speed and this indicates that the control of the fan speed is extra equipment and I guess what we need to figure out is which cars that have this and why!
Old 04-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Members

Spoke with BMW customer services again this afternoon. The customer services representative told me that I was given incorrect information regarding the automatic fan fix which was supposed to be in CIP 11.

Apparently CIP 11 does not rectify this problem and the system is operating as designed.

BMW are still of the opinion that the system is automatic as it controls the air temperature. In my opinion, the UK standard "Automatic Air Conditioning" system, as it is known, is not Automatic, it is semi-automatic at best.

It seems that the original information provided by my local Dealership is indeed correct, this function cannot be retro-fitted to cars manufactured before Feb 2004.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Members

This all sounds very strange to me. Garry, did you get anywhere with tracing the "fix" applied to my car via its VIN? Now you guys are making me doubt what I see with my own eyes!
Old 04-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Members

Spoke to my dealer about it, he says it's strange but he can't get you history up on screen, is there any way you could ask your dealer just what they did? As of now your the only one with it repaired, Skidster's car is in the garage so will be interesting to see what happens when he gets it back.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Members

E60-530d-London:

What is the full spec of your car? Maybe you have one of the more advanced control units for your Std AC.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:47 AM

Oreo

Can you please tell me how to find out the answer to your question? As far as I can tell, I have a standard AC unit on a late 03 build car.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Members

That last post was from me, BTW.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 28 2004, 04:47 PM
Oreo

Can you please tell me how to find out the answer to your question? As far as I can tell, I have a standard AC unit on a late 03 build car.
All I know is that E60 cars with option 536 have a std clima control unit that is also able to control the fan speed. If we could compare your complete spec with those of others, maybe it would be possible to find out whether the upgraded control unit comes with other options as well. I know it is a longshot, but since the manual states that control of the fan speed for the std clima is extra equipment, I am just curious to find out which cars that actually have this. Otherwise I guess that BMW are the only ones that can check exactly which control unit that is installed in your car.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:54 AM
Members

With regard to a change of the Basic Clima Control from Feb04:

BMW Sweden claim that there are no changes made to the Clima control on cars produced after this date.... I hope they are wrong!

Quick Reply: Basic Climate Control Fan Info