E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Basic Climate Control Fan Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 09:00 AM
richard

Is this a UK only problem? I am in new york and the climate control system is auto. Question, does your car have a/c? if is so equiped put the a/c button to the on position and see if the fan becomes auto. I was told by my dealer to leave the a/c button on at all times as it regulates interior relative humidity.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard, this is a euro only problem I think. The air con in us cars is an optional extra over here, we have to pay aroud $800 to upgrade basic air con with only one temp controler to the one you get.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Members

GarryF
I will obtain the software version by following instructions in other posts and report back.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Members

Interesting topic with all this contradictory information. To contribute my part I sent a question to BMW Sweden with reference to what has been stated here. Their reply was that the the Auto setting on last car that they delivered did not control the fan speed (it was updated with the latest version of the software). On a direct question they also replied that they did not know if, when or how an update was going to happen. I guess I will just have to wait and see whether my week 16 production car with Basic Climate Control Fan will have it or not!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:36 AM
Members

Hi,

I left my car into the dealership to have the auto fan problem fixed yesterday, car came out the same way it went in. They informed me that only the advanced climate option has the auto fan control. I then had a chat with the BMW technical guru in the dealership and he said he would contact BMW supoort next week to get to the bottom of this for me. I'll post an update as soon as I hear something back.

The UK manual is also a little confusing as one of the headings on page 87 is "Automatic air distribution and supply*", the asterisk suggests that this is optional.

Anyone had any further success with getting their fan to work automatically?

Regards,
Phil.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:34 AM
stu
Members

Garry - looking at Phil's post above - begs the question.... Do you have completely standard air con?
I must admit - the standadrd kit in other cars - certainly does adjust the fan - to give the desired volume - in auto mode . ( Merc and Ford )
Old 04-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Members

I have the standard air con with the temp on right, fan on centre and direction on left same as your picture.

Fan speed does not adjust automatically at all, do you know if yours does Stu ?
Old 04-11-2004, 10:33 AM
stu
Members

Hi Garry - no mine doesn't control fan speed or distribution .
I'm planning to drive to Chiswick to get this fixed (Ref post from E530 d London ... as they seem to be the only people who have done this).
Current software on my car:
Kodierdaten? 06.02.51.06
SW 01.06
Old 04-12-2004, 01:11 AM
Members

Let us know how you get on Stu, I'm in the region of 500-600 miles from london so it's not somewhere I can pop into for a chat
Old 04-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Senior Members

Might be a daft idea, but why not get the bods at Chiswick to ring your local dealers and walk them through what they did to resolve the issue?

Quick Reply: Basic Climate Control Fan Info