E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Bangled Bangle Butt

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I am amazed at how many different magazines and car companys ridiculed the E60 when it first came out, especially about the Bangle Butt design. And now everywhere I look I see the Bangle Butt design, from Mercedes to Honda and Toyota, etc..Most of them a horrible replicate. All I know is that my bitch has a great ass, and she had it first!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

Hell yeah, well said.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='488606' date='Nov 1 2007, 07:32 AM
I am amazed at how many different magazines and car companys ridiculed the E60 when it first came out, especially about the Bangle Butt design. And now everywhere I look I see the Bangle Butt design, from Mercedes to Honda and Toyota, etc..Most of them a horrible replicate. All I know is that my bitch has a great ass, and she had it first!!!

Spot on analysis...most of the copies are not as well as the original...owever, teh Camry is one of the better looking copies (although I'm definitely NOT in the market for a Camry)
Old 11-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Auto, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Sport and Premium Packages, HUD

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='488606' date='Nov 1 2007, 07:32 AM
All I know is that my bitch has a great ass, and she had it first!!!
...and the best part is it won't expand out of control after too many nice dinners!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by schwim' post='488615' date='Nov 1 2007, 05:06 PM
...and the best part is it won't expand out of control after too many nice dinners!
Nice one.

That really did make me laugh out loud!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Contributors

The Bangle Butt design has even trickled down to Hyundai and KIA

Actually the original Bangle Butt at it's full glory was on the E65 7 series not on the E60, which came out a couple of years before the E60. That makes BMW even more ahead of the times.

Not to hijack the thread, but along the same lines......let's not forget the various iterations of iDrive that are on many makes now. Yeah, they can claim to have better, simpler, and more logical versions, but it does not change the fact that BMW took some bold steps and implemented the idea first, then got bashed by everyone and their mothers........and then when the dust settled and they thought no one was looking others started making their own versions of it. My favorite was when the new S-Class came out with MB's version of iDrive all of the sudden the same car magazines that had been bashing BMW for coming up with iDrive started defending the concept in their S-Class reviews. One of the US magazines ( I think C&D) wrote that with all the functions that the S-Class had MB had no choice but to use a centralized controller instead of a hundred buttons on the dash. This was pretty much the exact same words BMW used to explain the need for iDrive when the E65 came out, yet they all bashed BMW for replacing buttons with a centralized controller back then, while they perfectly understand why MB did it now.

iDrive is not perfect and there is a lot of room for improvement, but BMW has made it better with each model and some CIP upgrades. As for the others claiming to have better version of iDrive.........It's always much easier to copy someone else's idea and improve upon it than to come up with the idea and be the first to implement it.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

There's a new genre and attitude around.

It's a kind of envious, arrogant, heedless, kind of drug addict attitude.
Of course the kids need to question all new and different, actually everything.
But do they need all the war, with all its non human attitude?

Fact is, I'm old and so is the E60, but I still like the looks of it, it's still ahead.

What mid-size luxury car would be better?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by schwim' post='488615' date='Nov 1 2007, 11:06 AM

Old 11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='488606' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:32 AM

The E60 design is a classic. Its rear is the best of the Bangles, particularly when viewed from the front side of the car or directly from behind. What homage Honda paid to Bangle with its new Accord. Its essentially its a combo of the E60 and A6 (C6). Given many of the bland Asian designs, it was a good call. Looks good. The Lexus GS is the best of the Jap designs.

Sadly however, the new exterior refresh does nothing for the current E60 and IMHO the front nose and lower side fascia dissappoints. Additionally, the rear tailight treatment looks too Asian and the side indicator lights look contrived (better on the 3 coupe). Interior is better. The models 04-07 are the classic Bangles.

CVT Benhogan
Old 11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Members

My Ride: '07 530i

When the new 5 first came out, I wasn't completely sold. After a few years it grew on me. Now it looks great. And for being 3+ years into the model, the design still looks fresh. BMW was really ahead in its design, and now the rest of the world has started to catch up.

Quick Reply: The Bangled Bangle Butt