E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

To Bamboo or not to Bamboo? That is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by cosmosblau' post='585244' date='May 21 2008, 09:01 AM
OK, Mr. Helpful, I looked it up:

Bamboo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Bamboo is a group of woody perennial evergreen plants in the true grass family Poaceae....."

I actually chose the Bamboo firstly because of my Horticultural love of the plants. In my last house, I had planted 5 different varieties of it and installed Bamboo Wood floors in my Den. Only certain types, the "Runners", spread like weeds unless their Rhizomes are kept in check by barriers.

Geneatals is right: the color of the Bamboo in the car changes depending upon the light. Occasionally, I pass a 5er with lighter poplar and I get envious, but I am sure I made the best decision.
On the new 7ers, they have that Matt Walnut trim which I LOVE!

Just don't plant that shiat in your yard...it WILL NOT STOP and has been known to make it under block wall foundations into neighbor's yards, etc. Bamboo is EXTREMELY hard to eradicate once it spreads!! Makes the Terminator look like a sissy
Old 05-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

+1

Beautiful interior. I agree with you about the need for a little contrast between the dash black and the bamboo. Personal taste issue strictly, but I like the light poplar a lot!

Cal