E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Back from Dealer and have some answers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='211952' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:06 AM
2. Sunroof cracking sound when tilt/open - drainage tray replaced. Sunroof rails repaired/replaced. Sounds good now.
Can you describe problem number 2 some more? I noticed that if I tilt my sunroof and close it there is a popping noise when I close it. I've only had the car for a few weeks and I was planning to ask others if they heard the same noise when closing the sunroof.
Is that what you were experiencing?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Members

4. Auto lights don't turn off in sunlight - found scratch on sensor - replaced sensor. Good. So far so good.

hmm ... are the auto lights on when knob for the lights is turned to the left .. cus mine r on in da morning when the knobs on the left
Old 12-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by JFiRB' post='212176
Originally Posted by JFiRB' post='212060' date='Dec 16 2005, 11:03 AM
[quote name='Bimmer32' post='211952' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:06 AM']

4. Auto lights don't turn off in sunlight - found scratch on sensor - replaced sensor. Good. So far so good.
This is very interesting. Mine has the same problem but I never thought it could be a scratch on the sensor. What is the sensor? It is hard to believe it can be scratched easily.
Sensor is co-located with rain sensor facing out from rear view mirror at top center of windscreen (shield).
[/quote]

Thanks. So unless it was scratched at the installation, there is no way we drivers can scratch it.
[/quote]
Correct assumption
Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='212050
1. Creaking and squeaking door sills - cleaned and apply silicone remover solution. No squeaking so far.
Bimmer, refresh my memory, have you already had the new and improved seals put in and you still have the creaking?
[/quote]

No. These are the original sills. I think I have to make a habit of cleaning the sills everytime I wash the car.

Originally Posted by P.S.B' post='212214' date='Dec 16 2005, 03:17 PM

hmm ... are the auto lights on when knob for the lights is turned to the left .. cus mine r on in da morning when the knobs on the left
That is correct. In the morning, my lights come on because I park in the garage. Normally, they should turn off after about 5 minutes or less in the sun. On occassions, the light remain ON even in direct sunlight. This is when the setting is on AUTO (turned all the way to the left).
Old 12-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='211952' date='Dec 16 2005, 08:06 AM
3. Rear cracking squeaking noise - backseat moving against rear parcel/sunshade - applied felt tape between seats and parcel - noise gone for now.

5. Condensation on the eyebrow lights (top of headlights). To replace the whole front light fixture. To be done when parts arrive. They have to remove the whole front bumper. Is this true?
I also seem to have these same problems

but nro 3; I do not have the parcel/sunshade.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by nupe009' post='212208
2. Sunroof cracking sound when tilt/open - drainage tray replaced. Sunroof rails repaired/replaced. Sounds good now.
Can you describe problem number 2 some more? I noticed that if I tilt my sunroof and close it there is a popping noise when I close it. I've only had the car for a few weeks and I was planning to ask others if they heard the same noise when closing the sunroof.
[/quote]

Thats it! Some call it cracking others call it popping in any case you have to get it re aligned to stop the noise. Good luck.
cheers
vern
Old 12-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by nupe009' post='212208
[/quote]

If you search this problem under sunroof or moonroof, you'll see that others have even experience a loud popping/cracking noise as if the sunroof might break. In short, you should not hear any popping/cracking noise when open/close or tilt/close except for the normal motorize sound of the sunroof. If you have other cars that have moonroof, maybe that can be the benchmark. Hope this helps. In my opinion, the sunroof in my car was poorly assembled because this is the second time I have taken it to the dealer.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Members

Thanks for the replies. I'll call the dealer and take it in. Maybe they will update my software while I'm there
Old 12-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 520i stock

[QUOTE=BMWJIMT;212056]
Originally Posted by Bimmer32' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:06 AM' post='211952

3. Rear cracking squeaking noise - backseat moving against rear parcel/sunshade - applied felt tape between seats and parcel - noise gone for now.

Mine was very noisy, engineers report:-
Removed vent trim/hat shelf/rear seats. Added additional fabric tape/all fixings greased/tape added to rear clasp fixings/seat catches greased.
He did a thorough job & it is good now. But an expensive car should not need to be stripped down & put back together properly, it should have been screwed together properly in Germany!.
I have the same problem, but its more of a rattling noise than a cracking one, and only appears when drining on badly paved roads. Is this the same dignosis as yours??

Cheers
Old 12-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xcell60
Originally Posted by BMWJIMT' date='Dec 16 2005, 11:40 PM' post='212056
[quote name='Bimmer32' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:06 AM' post='211952']

Mine was very noisy, engineers report:-
Removed vent trim/hat shelf/rear seats. Added additional fabric tape/all fixings greased/tape added to rear clasp fixings/seat catches greased.
He did a thorough job & it is good now. But an expensive car should not need to be stripped down & put back together properly, it should have been screwed together properly in Germany!.
I have the same problem, but its more of a rattling noise than a cracking one, and only appears when drining on badly paved roads. Is this the same dignosis as yours??

Cheers
Rattling or crack, I preceive it to be very similar. And yes, mine only make the "noise" while going over a dadly paved road.

Quick Reply: Back from Dealer and have some answers