E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Back from Dealer and have some answers

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

I got the car back from the dealer and here are a few problems/resolutions:

1. Creaking and squeaking door sills - cleaned and apply silicone remover solution. No squeaking so far.

2. Sunroof cracking sound when tilt/open - drainage tray replaced. Sunroof rails repaired/replaced. Sounds good now.

3. Rear cracking squeaking noise - backseat moving against rear parcel/sunshade - applied felt tape between seats and parcel - noise gone for now.

4. Auto lights don't turn off in sunlight - found scratch on sensor - replaced sensor. Good. So far so good.

5. Condensation on the eyebrow lights (top of headlights). To replace the whole front light fixture. To be done when parts arrive. They have to remove the whole front bumper. Is this true?

6. Ask for software updates - SA said none at this time. I think they are conservative.

In the process of repairing my sunroof, they made several hairline scratches around it. OK. I bought this car brand new. Aside from the driving sensation, I'm little disappointed in the not so great German assembly. Thank goodness there's a loaner car.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='211952' date='Dec 15 2005, 10:06 PM
5. Condensation on the eyebrow lights (top of headlights). To replace the whole front light fixture. To be done when parts arrive. They have to remove the whole front bumper. Is this true?
Yes - this is true.

Could also get to the housing through the wheel well, but it is much easier and practical to just take the bumper off -- avoids and reduces scratches, dings, etc.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='211952' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:06 AM
I got the car back from the dealer and here are a few problems/resolutions:

2. Sunroof cracking sound when tilt/open - drainage tray replaced. Sunroof rails repaired/replaced. Sounds good now.

In the process of repairing my sunroof, they made several hairline scratches around it. OK. I bought this car brand new. Aside from the driving sensation, I'm little disappointed in the not so great German assembly. Thank goodness there's a loaner car.
Had the same problem with the sun roof.The dealer,JMK realigned it and everything is fine.IMO your dealer did a lot of work that was unnecessary. Good luck on getting the scratches taken care of .
cheers
vern
Old 12-16-2005, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

#4 is interesting. I think this is a new find and could well be related to same issue others are having when they cannot seem to get the sensitivity right. Mine is OK, but good report on all issues
Old 12-16-2005, 06:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='211952' date='Dec 16 2005, 12:06 AM
1. Creaking and squeaking door sills - cleaned and apply silicone remover solution. No squeaking so far.
Bimmer, refresh my memory, have you already had the new and improved seals put in and you still have the creaking?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

[quote name='Bimmer32' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:06 AM' post='211952']

3. Rear cracking squeaking noise - backseat moving against rear parcel/sunshade - applied felt tape between seats and parcel - noise gone for now.

Mine was very noisy, engineers report:-
Removed vent trim/hat shelf/rear seats. Added additional fabric tape/all fixings greased/tape added to rear clasp fixings/seat catches greased.
He did a thorough job & it is good now. But an expensive car should not need to be stripped down & put back together properly, it should have been screwed together properly in Germany!.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

4. Auto lights don't turn off in sunlight - found scratch on sensor - replaced sensor. Good. So far so good.
This is very interesting. Mine has the same problem but I never thought it could be a scratch on the sensor. What is the sensor? It is hard to believe it can be scratched easily.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by JFiRB' post='212060
This is very interesting. Mine has the same problem but I never thought it could be a scratch on the sensor. What is the sensor? It is hard to believe it can be scratched easily.
[/quote]
Sensor is co-located with rain sensor facing out from rear view mirror at top center of windscreen (shield).
Old 12-16-2005, 08:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi B32:

I am glad things went as well as they did. I am sure you know, but if the scratches bother you, and wax won't cover them adequately, then a good detailer will be able to buff them out easily without removing much clear coat--assuming they really are minor. I have had scratches on my Z06 removed even though I could feel them slightly with my finger nail.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525xi

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='212080

Sensor is co-located with rain sensor facing out from rear view mirror at top center of windscreen (shield).
[/quote]

Thanks. So unless it was scratched at the installation, there is no way we drivers can scratch it.

Quick Reply: Back from Dealer and have some answers