E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome...simply awesome....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three months of waiting and I finally took delivery of my 545i on Friday late afternoon, just in time for a weekend of rain in San Diego! Nonetheless I still got a couple hundred miles in, although I couldn't make the SoCal meet today.

By analogy, when somebody tells you how great a movie is, you're sometimes disappointed because your expectations are too high. Applied to the delivery of my car, I worried that I might be let down because of all the glowing reports I've read here from other owners.

But...no chance of that. What an unbelievable ride. For those of you still waiting and having to live vicariously through others, the wait is painful, but the ride is simply awesome. I don't know otherwise how to describe it. It feels like no other car I've driven. Acceleration is effortless, handling is flawless. I suppose my thoughts are a bit unrefined at this point, and I can probably articulate better after a month or so, but at this point I couldn't be happier.

I also think iDrive is awesome. Combined with the included voice recognition technology (Nav) which also works flawlessly, car management couldn't be simpler.

I even had a great surprise from my dealer on Friday evening. I was planning to purchase the car with a loan from my credit union at a great rate of 3.9% fixed. But BMW apparently has a new leasing program with a .00165 money factor which is identical to the loan rate from my credit union. So I decided to lease instead. For some reason this lease program doesn't seem to show up on the Financial Services section of the BMW NA website.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally see for myself what others have been raving about....
Old 12-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

congrats ! please post some pics of your new babe .
Old 12-06-2004, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

I still look forward to every highway cloverleaf! Hopefully you'll keep loving the car, like I do.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Contributors

Congratulations on the new ride! I understand your reaction ... this is an awesone car Post pics when you get a chance.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by Go_Fast_545' date='Dec 6 2004, 02:49 AM
Three months of waiting and I finally took delivery of my 545i on Friday late afternoon, just in time for a weekend of rain in San Diego!? Nonetheless I still got a couple hundred miles in, although I couldn't make the SoCal meet today.

By analogy, when somebody tells you how great a movie is, you're sometimes disappointed because your expectations are too high.? Applied to the delivery of my car, I worried that I might be let down because of all the glowing reports I've read here from other owners.

But...no chance of that.? What an unbelievable ride.? For those of you still waiting and having to live vicariously through others, the wait is painful, but the ride is simply awesome.? I don't know otherwise how to describe it.? It feels like no other car I've driven.? Acceleration is effortless, handling is flawless.? I suppose my thoughts are a bit unrefined at this point, and I can probably articulate better after a month or so, but at this point I couldn't be happier.

I also think iDrive is awesome.? Combined with the included voice recognition technology (Nav) which also works flawlessly, car management couldn't be simpler.

I even had a great surprise from my dealer on Friday evening.? I was planning to purchase the car with a loan from my credit union at a great rate of 3.9% fixed.? But BMW apparently has a new leasing program with a .00165 money factor which is identical to the loan rate from my credit union.? So I decided to lease instead.? For some reason this lease program doesn't seem to show up on the Financial Services section of the BMW NA website.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally see for myself what others have been raving about....
[snapback]65333[/snapback]

The Best Of Luck with your new ride, I have 1500 miles on mine and love every single one of them.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

and for me it just keeps getting better and better...I enjoy the car more each day
Old 12-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i 6-speed, Orient Blue, blk interior, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, navigation, bluetooth, Sirius. Euro Delivery 1/14/05

I can hardly wait on mine. This is torture! Jan 14th cannot get here fast enough. Since I'm taking European Delivery; I'm just going to be teased as I will have to wait 6 wks after dropping it off and getting attached. I'm sure that my e39 530i is going to seem like a dog after driving my new 545i.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Members

Congrats on your new ride!!
Have a lot of fun, and don't forget taking pics and post them. I cannot wait for mine!!!