E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUX Input Coding vs. New CIP

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='262104' date='Mar 29 2006, 02:51 PM
anyone with more FACTS???
how about pluging the Aux in without the coding? no chance of working?
Hi Peter,

I think you're on this board long enough to know the fact that AUX retrofit needs programming.

Best Regards
Old 03-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

I took in my E60 today for the Aux input install, I expected to have the car back in a few hours (dropped of at 7:30am) dealer called at 4pm and said the programming is taking to long and they need to keep the car over night. Will they automatically activate the mp3 function in the cd player or do I have to request it?

Thanks,
Frank
Old 03-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by Frank310' post='262215' date='Mar 29 2006, 07:46 PM
I took in my E60 today for the Aux input install, I expected to have the car back in a few hours (dropped of at 7:30am) dealer called at 4pm and said the programming is taking to long and they need to keep the car over night. Will they automatically activate the mp3 function in the cd player or do I have to request it?

Thanks,
Frank
this is what I'm talking about!!!! see they failed or fried some computer so it is taking two days just to activate the AUX. idiots.....

you better beg them for the MP3 activation!!!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='262348' date='Mar 30 2006, 03:16 AM
this is what I'm talking about!!!! see they failed or fried some computer so it is taking two days just to activate the AUX. idiots.....

Well you would't want a TCU or CCC that could't take a little upgrade now and then would u? CCCs and TCUs have been a weak link for some time.

Frank - yes you have to specifically ask for the "MP3 retrofit" otherwise 99% chance you would not get it
Old 03-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='262348' date='Mar 30 2006, 09:16 AM

The update I had when the aux was fitted took all afternoon.

However, I don't think they updated to the latest CIP. Reason being that before the update I had a false 'high battery drain' warning in the idrive.

They were supposed to update all the way to fix this, but I still have it.

Can't find the post with the list of software faults at the moment, but I think this means they used an earlier update 18 or 19 whatever - not 20.

Having said this - they did this by mistake - don't know how you would persuade them to make the same mistake
Old 03-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Members

My Ride: Current car: 2006 530ia On Order for December ED: 2009 335i coupe

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='262545' date='Mar 30 2006, 01:18 PM
The update I had when the aux was fitted took all afternoon.

However, I don't think they updated to the latest CIP. Reason being that before the update I had a false 'high battery drain' warning in the idrive.

They were supposed to update all the way to fix this, but I still have it.

Can't find the post with the list of software faults at the moment, but I think this means they used an earlier update 18 or 19 whatever - not 20.

Having said this - they did this by mistake - don't know how you would persuade them to make the same mistake
Here is my aux install nightmare:

I took my two week old car in for the auxillary input install on a Saturday, and it was supposed to take a couple hours. There were some problems with the software upgrade, and the system ended up crashing twice. As a result, they could not finish the job on Saturday and the car had to sit there over the weekend. I was left for the entire weekend without a loaner car. I picked up the car on Monday, and on the way home noticed they had deeply scratched two of the interior wood trim pieces. Upon returning to the dealership, I got the line "oh ya, the tech knew he scratched it and we've already ordered the replacement parts, but we forgot to tell you about it."

Two weeks later, I return to have the trim installed, and I get a call saying they ordered the wrong part. They keep the car overnight again while the part is overnighted.

I pick up the car the next morning, and immediately notice that one of the pieces does not seem to fit exactly right and the other one has a grain missmatch with the existing wood in my car. They give me the "we'll see what we can do about it, but we don't see anything wrong with it" line, and I leave in disgust swearing never to return to this dealership again.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

I went in to have my BTUM installed and a CIP update that they thought would correct an "Electronic Failure" glitch that was occurring. They said it might take overnight, then said it looked like only a 4-hour download, as there were no open campaigns on the car.

It took well into the 3rd day to get the download and aux coding done. I was told that it kept crashing on them. When I picked it up, he showed me an inch thhick sheaf of internal workorder paperwork on it. So, the trick is how well the car receives the update; not so much how much it has to be fed.

End result was that the phone works fine, and for several weeks, no "E Failure: messages, but recently, it has started flickering again. So, back it will go when I am ready to have it addressed and snow tires removed.

Cheers,
Ray Hull
Old 03-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

see guys, this is exactly my point.... I just want them to plug the comp and CHECK ON the AUx for me....
I do not care about their policies and stuff...... since my software is fine why to update....
I guess I will have to bribe the tech so he just does the coding......
Old 03-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

Originally Posted by Frank310' post='262215' date='Mar 29 2006, 07:46 PM

Thanks,
Frank

Update, I called SA this morning, he was coming in late, left him a message I wanted MP3 turned on. He called me back did not know a thing. I told him go talk to your tech and get back to me. He calls me back and says the tech told him MP3 playback is only available in the dvd/nav slot not the single cd slot. I directed him to educate himself on this site. Anyway, aux install worked, software install added rds which I never had. Still trying to burn an MP3 disc from iTunes which I can't seem to do. I am in the middle of converting all my song files from acc to mp3 and then try to burn an mp3 cd to test in the E60.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Members

My Ride: Current car: 2006 530ia On Order for December ED: 2009 335i coupe

Originally Posted by Frank310' post='262770' date='Mar 30 2006, 08:19 PM
Still trying to burn an MP3 disc from iTunes which I can't seem to do. I am in the middle of converting all my song files from acc to mp3 and then try to burn an mp3 cd to test in the E60.
After struggling with this myself, someone posted the instructions that work:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...l=stupidly&st=0

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: AUX Input Coding vs. New CIP