E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AUX INPUT CABLE $29.99!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012 | 03:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by brendinernst
These are tyco pins and I ordered 4 different styles from Tyco and the ones that have been using work 100%. Ive done 3 installs locally and not a single problem. I am assuming that your talking about the silver style pin that has the spikes so that it will lock into the connector once it is pushe into the connector. I decided not to use these for two reasons. 1.) The connector locks the pins in once you push it back into the harness anyways. 2.) They are the same size as the pins I use. I will guarantee these cables for 3 years. Hope that makes everyone feel more assured. If you would like the silver locking pins let me know in the checkout comments and I will be more than happy to put them on your cable instead as I have plenty of them. Once again BOTH will work great but the ones I ship standard are more forgiving if you place it in the wrong socket and want I take it out. The locking style will be damaged most likely if removed.
There is a reason why those contacts lock into the plug. That's the reason why I recommend using the correct ones. The correct ones can be removed from the plugs as many times as you like without damaging either the plug or the contact.

You should be using one from http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...17&hg=61&fg=15 depending on the size of the wire that you are using. The OEM socket uses a 0.75mm wire.

You don't have to take my advice, but one day you may thank me that you did.
Old 03-11-2012 | 03:46 PM
Members

where can i get this coded after installed?? is the bmw dealer the only place?
Old 03-11-2012 | 03:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by karman
where can i get this coded after installed?? is the bmw dealer the only place?

Like it says above, the dealership or from anyone that has the software....
Old 03-11-2012 | 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Innovating a product and selling it for less, I don't see what the problem is.
Old 03-11-2012 | 04:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i

awesome i will be buying one, also i have NCSExpert what did you exactly code ? appreciate it thanks

<div></div><div>edit: i love where you put the cable connector also in the cubby, what size drill bit did you use to make that hole so i dont make it to big or to small</div>
Old 03-11-2012 | 05:00 PM
Members

Hey Brendin I certainly do not mind that you "innovate" your own auxillary output.
I will not address this anymore and I will not be replying. Congrats to you for creating your own product. We have a mechanic in shop and we've done about 200 of these installs in the past 3 years or so thanks to BMW. You received our last one so there is no competition on our behalf. There is not much of a demand for these and we did not make money from these. We simply tried to help the community save as well.
What I do mind is you using the cable, asking for assistance and then asking to return a cable which is not in the same condition as shipped.
As far as the cable you showed that is the cable supplied but it appears you exposed some of the ground wire on purpose. That is not how we shipped it to you. Just be honest and note that this is after you did install the cable and mess with it. The pin connectors were over-sized and soldered to the wires so that you could properly plug them tightly into the connector.
Regarding the cable it is $14 untouched and is a top of the line cable. Look at the male jack and the shielding. We would not provide any cable that would cause static interference. This is a problem in all of the E60 chassis models due to shielding.
For the member that wanted the install manual which my electrical technician created you can have that for free. No, it is not just a copy of the TIS as stated.
BMW E60 Aux kit Install MP3 SIB.pdf

It's not so difficult for others to buy a 3.5mm male to male auxillary input jack from their local walmart, Cut it, and fit it to the plug in the back of the M-ASK or CCC unit following this guide. But without it some are lost just as you were. So attached is the guide and I wish everyone luck. And I Wish you all the best with your innovation and sales Brendin.

$2.29 output jack:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=090-317

Wire - pretty cheap.
Connectors - pretty cheap. see Bruce's post above or just go to Ace Hardware or whatever you have in your neighborhood.

- Sammy
Old 03-11-2012 | 05:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EUAutoHaus
Hey Brendin I certainly do not mind that you "innovate" your own auxillary output.
I will not address this anymore and I will not be replying. Congrats to you for creating your own product. We have a mechanic in shop and we've done about 200 of these installs in the past 3 years or so thanks to BMW. You received our last one so there is no competition on our behalf. There is not much of a demand for these and we did not make money from these. We simply tried to help the community save as well.
What I do mind is you using the cable, asking for assistance and then asking to return a cable which is not in the same condition as shipped.
As far as the cable you showed that is the cable supplied but it appears you exposed some of the ground wire on purpose. That is not how we shipped it to you. Just be honest and note that this is after you did install the cable and mess with it. The pin connectors were over-sized and soldered to the wires so that you could properly plug them tightly into the connector.
Regarding the cable it is $14 untouched and is a top of the line cable. Look at the male jack and the shielding. We would not provide any cable that would cause static interference. This is a problem in all of the E60 chassis models due to shielding.
For the member that wanted the install manual which my electrical technician created you can have that for free. No, it is not just a copy of the TIS as stated.
Attachment 131046

It's not so difficult for others to buy a 3.5mm male to male auxillary input jack from their local walmart, Cut it, and fit it to the plug in the back of the M-ASK or CCC unit following this guide. But without it some are lost just as you were. So attached is the guide and I wish everyone luck. And I Wish you all the best with your innovation and sales Brendin.

- Sammy

Classy response. (note: there is no sarcasm here)

Hopefully that will put to rest this weird commentary on this thread.
Old 03-11-2012 | 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6 speed manual. Gray with tan interior. High performance floor mats.

Originally Posted by black360
awesome i will be buying one, also i have NCSExpert what did you exactly code ? appreciate it thanks
Module: MASK

Change line: AUXIN NICHT_ACTIF to ACTIF

ROCK.
Old 03-12-2012 | 02:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Originally Posted by mrblorry
Module: MASK

Change line: AUXIN NICHT_ACTIF to ACTIF

ROCK.
Mrblorry,

It sounds like you have access NCSexpert and know what you are doing... I am in No Va and was wondering if you would be able to code mine up for this install? I can certainly handle the hardware, but have no idea how to code the software! Btw, 2004 545i...

Thanks Will
Old 03-12-2012 | 03:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jaycal3
That was a pretty impressive install! I like the location of the input better than in the glove box where mine is. Are there certain years that this works better on? Would it have worked on an '04 545 with the fiber optic audio?

Good job and good luck!
You are right dear, car looking very sexy......

Quick Reply: AUX INPUT CABLE $29.99!