E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AUX INPUT CABLE $29.99!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karman
whats up man? i sent my payment but it says "payment pending" i buy stuff all the time on ebay and this never happened to me.
I contacted eBay regarding this matter and it is because I am a new member and they are holding the funds until the item is delivered. Dont worry you will have your tracking number tomorrow and your cable will ship out monday morning. Thanks for your order!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Members

Picture posted. Mine is on the left and his is on the right. Which one would you be more comfortable installing into your car? FYI He bought one of my cables tonight for whatever reason and for the record I nver wanted it to come to this.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kerrys914
What should coding/programming cost? What do we need to ask them to do? Code my aux connection?
Coding can cost anywhere from $50 to $300. Dealers are not very consisten when it comes to coding charges and yes they will know what you mean by simply asking them to code your AUX input.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I just woke up thinking its 5:58am!! Wtf with this dst stuff.
Wow @ ur response. Ethnocentric. You seem like a major @ssh0l3 bro.
So with ur cable we have to still get a male to male aux cable to plug into our aux port? I would just get the cable on the right and put it under my armrest!!!
Can you post the DIY you received? I have TIS and I'll be able to see if it's a copy and paste.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Members

I'm a little confused. Is this cable patented? There was a DIY cable thread by bruce_miranda a while back. So this seller decided to do it for us and charge 30.00, rather than the 60 I just paid the dealer last week, and the 80 a lot of other have paid. Isn't that what the other vendor[EUautohaus] did ? Not saying either is right or wrong, I just dont know why we're singling the OP. Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I just woke up thinking its 5:58am!! Wtf with this dst stuff.
Wow @ ur response. Ethnocentric. You seem like a major @ssh0l3 bro.
So with ur cable we have to still get a male to male aux cable to plug into our aux port? I would just get the cable on the right and put it under my armrest!!!
Can you post the DIY you received? I have TIS and I'll be able to see if it's a copy and paste.
Maybe I was a bit of an @sshol3. I just can't stand haters. Yes you will have to buy another $5 cable to plug into my port just like you have to with BMWs cable but even then your still getting mine for less!!! My cable is obviously a higher quality cable. I am just trying to help people.

Ethnocentric?

Ethnocentrism is making value judgments about another culture from perspectives of one's own cultural system. The ethnocentric individual will judge other groups relative to his or her own particular ethnic group or culture, especially with concern to language, behavior, customs, and religion. These ethnic distinctions and subdivisions serve to define each ethnicity's unique cultural identity.

When did I make a judgement about a culture? When did I talk about language, behavior, customs, and/or religion?

I didnt.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6 speed manual. Gray with tan interior. High performance floor mats.

Ethnocentric? LOL! No, all I see is someone trying to make a buck while saving others a few. No harm in that.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I said this before and I'll say it again to whoever is making these. Can you please use the correct Tyco crimps on these cables if you intend selling this as a product. Too much damage is caused by people using the wrong plugs and contacts. Just because something kindda works, don't use it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Ethnocentric in regards to u saying things like this is America or the american way. Speak for yourself not others. Please don't misrepresent the whole of America. In china there is a lot of bootlegging and even replicating going on, but I dare not say "all those Chinese" but thank you for the definition, stil stand by the word because your way is not the whole of American custom or culture.
From what I gather here, you bought something and decided to do one like it (idea) yourself and then resell it to others. Doesnt look the same of course because it's split in half. I just asked if you could post the diy you were given because I want to see it. I didn't find the TIS very instructional at all and even correct for that matter.
This should really be in the classifieds section can a mod move it there. This site is getting so disorganized it's unbelievable.
GLWS anyway. Bill gates made it big maybe you can too!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I said this before and I'll say it again to whoever is making these. Can you please use the correct Tyco crimps on these cables if you intend selling this as a product. Too much damage is caused by people using the wrong plugs and contacts. Just because something kindda works, don't use it.
These are tyco pins and I ordered 4 different styles from Tyco and the ones that have been using work 100%. Ive done 3 installs locally and not a single problem. I am assuming that your talking about the silver style pin that has the spikes so that it will lock into the connector once it is pushe into the connector. I decided not to use these for two reasons. 1.) The connector locks the pins in once you push it back into the harness anyways. 2.) They are the same size as the pins I use. I will guarantee these cables for 3 years. Hope that makes everyone feel more assured. If you would like the silver locking pins let me know in the checkout comments and I will be more than happy to put them on your cable instead as I have plenty of them. Once again BOTH will work great but the ones I ship standard are more forgiving if you place it in the wrong socket and want I take it out. The locking style will be damaged most likely if removed.

Quick Reply: AUX INPUT CABLE $29.99!